You can type here any text you want

Shane Stack's nasty turbo Monte Carlo updated chassis and Twin turbo system.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sounds like maybe a little too much power!:eek:

He was too light on the nose. Now that he added some weight to the nose it spins around 200-250 feet out. That's why I won't spend big $$$ trying to get the weight down. Can you imagine replacing all the floor pans with carbon fiber only to have to add all that weight back with lead bars:mad:

Wow, that would definitely suck. Just goes to show it's not as easy as some might think to get these cars down the track!

This car is is really nice, however I think we have jumped the shark on stock suspension.

This car is is really nice, however I think we have jumped the shark on stock suspension.

I agree and I think anyone that has really followed the stock suspension/Radial stuff would also most likely agree. Funny thing is though, Shane's car is definitely not the first to go to this extreme and yet it seems like when these pics were first posted on the 'Bullet everybody decided to drag him and his crew through the Mud!:rolleyes: And what's even funnier is that before the updates Shane's car was probably without a doubt one of the few real stock suspension cars running in the Radial stuff! Guess nobody likes to see the G-body guys stepping up their game.

I hate seeing the stock suspension heading in this direction personally. I wish it would have stayed like it was a few years back when a coil-over shock was rare to see. But you can't fault Shane or anyone else for trying to stay on top if the rules allow these sort of changes.

Myself, I'm just gonna sit back and see what kind of improvements Shane and others may see with these changes. Shane's car would 60' in the 1.22-1.26's consistently when it was real stock suspension. So far, I have not seen any advantage these new style cars have over a well sorted out stock set-up like mine or his old set-up. My car finally went 1.23 and 1.24 at the last race. It may be safer but I feel with the right bracing the stock mount points are just as safe.

Dusty's car is more in the line with the spirit of the class IMO.
Shane is not doing anything the mustangs or camaros haven't be doing
for a couple years.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if Shane's car sees any significant improvement over the stock setup. Dusty's car is definitely closer to the spirit of the class and I personally feel the different racing organizations should have stepped up and really enforced the rules for stock suspension, but it seems now it is WAY out of hand. I guess nobody wants to turn down a racer when they spent 100K+ to build a car to run in one of these classes!:eek:

Back