You can type here any text you want

Shocks???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

916lupian

I used the search bar to find what shocks you guys are using and nothing really came up. I was wondering what are some good front and rear shocks , and what shock are you guys using?? thanks

Circle Track AK series Bilsteins for g-body,...If want to find them on the Bilsteins site

Enjoy!

Monroe Sensatrac,reasonably priced,good ride and control.Made in the USA.Lifetime warranty and available at NAPA:biggrin:

Kevin

I put Bilsteins on the front. They wouldn't even compress by hand. Had to put a jack under them to compress em and get the lower bolts in. The front of the car now rides like my hardtail Harley. No give whatsoever.

Three of my other cars have KYBs and ride nice.

Had Monroes on some of my other cars. One blew a seal. The others wore out before the KYBs.

Keep in mind that the roads here in Upstate NY are horrible!

You won't see me buy a Monroe shock ever again. Instead of Bilsteins,just bolt a steel bar in there.

What do you guys think of qa1 stocker stars i got them in the front and haven bought the rears yet i havent gotten to drive very much on them tho...

I just installed my bilstiens today (thanks FIrechaser) compared to the 23 year old original shocks i had on there, the car rode like a cadillac. not bouncy, had a smooth ride even the handling of the car seemed to improve. mine didnt seem stiff at all.

I removed the stiff Bilsteins and replaced them with the yellow Monroe Sens a tracs. Much nicer ride. On my other car, I installed cheap Gabriels and they ride pretty stiff, similar to the Bilsteins. Will try the black Monroe's next. Anybody use the Edelbrocks?

This is a great thread since I am about there. What do you guys think of the Eldelbrock shocks. I want to keep the original stance & the "smoothness" of a Buick.

I have had KYB's on 2 cars and love them. Sensatracs were too mushy for me.

i have qa1's on my car. i like them since i can have them soft on the street and dail them in on the track. i have the single adjustable.

Back