Should the computer be getting warm/hot?

GNVAIR

I posted this in the tech area and got no responses, so I figured I would post it here as well.
I have been having problems with high idle blm's. As I stated all the problems in a previous thread. Basically it is running extremely lean, but the computer is making it run rich. The exhaust smells extremely rich now. I installed a new GM O2 sensor last night and have put some miles on it, but I am still having the same problems.
Steve Ruston (Schlodes) emailed me offline and told me he had the same exact problem and checked for vacuum and exhaust leaks and found none. He checked the computer and it was hot. He replaced it and the problem went away. I am starting to think along the same lines as my buddy who owned the car before I did had all sorts of engine electronics problems with sensors reading or going bad. The car was also involved in a bad frontal collision and the orange computer power lead was cut in half by the jagged sheetmetal from the fender.
Steve also stated that the redtop 30lb injectors (Ford Motorsport units) were making his car run goofy as well. His was running extremely rich. He said all of the chip burners had problems burning chips for these. Basically now I am thinking to replace the computer first and if the problem continues, I will install my stock injectors and stock chip. What do you guys think?

A running temp of 90dF is no problem. That's just a little more then warm to the touch. At about 120dF you don't want to hold it for too long and generally it means a problem. The problem can be electrical loading and the ecm is doing alot of switching, or an injector driving is failing.
At 140dF you have a serious problem, and the ecm won't last too long operating at that temp.
These are temps just taken with an oven thermometer taped to the case.

The high BL ******could, maybe, kinda****** a sign of something internal to the ecm going bad.

Just my observations, YMMV

Well, what I was thinking was that maybe the voltage spike when the car was in the accident. The metal sliced the orange power lead. What do ya think?