You can type here any text you want

Show me your GNX clone

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

theMonch

2QIK4U
I an in search of a GNX clone with either t-tops(preffered) or astroroof. I was just wondering how many are out there and how well they were done. If you have one I would appreciate it if you could post up some picts and details. Also, if you happen to know someone selling one that fits this description please let me know. I am more than willing to travel for this. I am also considering a regular GN with tops or astro closer to home in Northern NJ.

Otto J here has one on the best I have ever seen here.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gnx-fortunate-547/257145-pics-gnx-we-re-created.html

Thanks in Advance.

I would be taking you up on that if your car had T-Tops or Astroroof. Besides, I think your's is a little out of the range that I am looking for. I am not looking to be meticulous like you were, I just want a GN with proper vents, gauges, suspension, etc. I don't care if anything is repro or not.

I appreciate your offer though.

gnx clone

Thanks for the kind words,i have an 87 gn with t tops for sale would be glad to gnx it for you lots of parts on hand like flares, fender vents, gnx wheels and tires. The rear end is hard to obtain and kirban is not selling any kits at this time. Let me know, alot of knowledge with the clone process.

I think because I mentioned that I am currently looking for one of these my original intention for the post got lost. I wanted to see what clones are out there, regardless of if you wish to sell it. So come on impress us!!!

My 85 GN

IM000202.jpg

enginerafuse.jpg

2 Very nice examples. Welds do look sweet especially with those fatties out back. And I absolutely love all the blue induction piping. Is that anodized? or painted? Either of those have the GNX suspension out back?

2 Very nice examples. Welds do look sweet especially with those fatties out back. And I absolutely love all the blue induction piping. Is that anodized? or painted? Either of those have the GNX suspension out back?

pipes are powder coated, and no suspension

thanks JD

I would be taking you up on that if your car had T-Tops or Astroroof. Besides, I think your's is a little out of the range that I am looking for. I am not looking to be meticulous like you were, I just want a GN with proper vents, gauges, suspension, etc. I don't care if anything is repro or not.

I appreciate your offer though.

T-Tops leak, rattle and crack. I would stay far away from T-Tops. Astro roof is a better but I'd get a hard top car. I have an Astroroof but wish it was a hard top. One less thing to break or malfunction.

GNBRETT

Thanks for the heads up. Yes; I have heard this a few times about the T-Top cars. I am hopeing to get away with it by making sure all body bushings are up to spec and installed, and all bracing is in place that is available before over-taxing the body.

The funny thing that I have noticed is that the T-Top cars dont get the b-pillar "cracking" that the hardtop and astroroof cars get if not properly braced and bushinged before adding power. The only explanation that I can have for this is that the T-Top cars have more forgiveness because the roof is mostly missing and the car tends to bounce back into shape after being stressed. Where a hardtop or Aroof car will twist and retain the malformation of the stress. I would love to hear other opinions on this subject.

GNBRETT

Thanks for the heads up. Yes; I have heard this a few times about the T-Top cars. I am hopeing to get away with it by making sure all body bushings are up to spec and installed, and all bracing is in place that is available before over-taxing the body.

The funny thing that I have noticed is that the T-Top cars dont get the b-pillar "cracking" that the hardtop and astroroof cars get if not properly braced and bushinged before adding power. The only explanation that I can have for this is that the T-Top cars have more forgiveness because the roof is mostly missing and the car tends to bounce back into shape after being stressed. Where a hardtop or Aroof car will twist and retain the malformation of the stress. I would love to hear other opinions on this subject.

The only real solution to B-pillar cracking seems to be a roll bar/cage. They do sell replacement parts for the t-tops now. At one time they were impossible to locate new.

I would think long and hard about getting a t-top car. If you can choose I would choose a hard top car. My whole headliner was ruined on my first GN due to leaking from the t-top after I went thru a car wash. And my t-tops at the time were in mint condition with no cracks on the plastic. Apparently there was a small gap in the weatherstripping that leaked thru.

If you can stand the rattling then go for it. But sooner or later they will start to rattle and annoy the sht outta you.

I'm sure some have had no issues with theirs but the novelty seems to be outweighed by the drama. Structurally they are weaker then hardtop cars.

GNBRETT
Look near the door hinges of a TTop car that makes a lot of power.A Ttop car will crack near the door hinges unlike a hardtop which cracks on the b-pillar.

Back