You can type here any text you want

Signal Frames. Gloss or flat?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Are the metal frames around the front turn signal lights supposed to be gloss black like the bumper?

I'm taking both of my bumpers,turn signal frames and 'ettes to a Powdercoating shop tomorrow. But something tells me the frames are supposed to be satin finish...like that SEM trim paint.

Since I still have the bumpers off due to the body cushion job... Plus I now have the alum reinforcements to install,I figure I might as well get the black stuff refinished.

Thanks!

Yes they are suppose to be Satin finish BUT what looks better Gloss does!!! I've seen alot of these done in gloss so much nicer looking.

I sure hope the bumpers are supposed to be gloss. They just got dropped off at the Powdercoating shop.

The price for each bumper (minus the reinforcement) $60.
Bumperette: $15 each.

That seems like a good deal to me. I've used them before on a homemade battery box. Their work is perfect.

I sure hope the bumpers are supposed to be gloss. They just got dropped off at the Powdercoating shop.

The price for each bumper (minus the reinforcement) $60.
Bumperette: $15 each.

That seems like a good deal to me. I've used them before on a homemade battery box. Their work is perfect.

Thats a great price for the powder coating. Yes, the bumpers were body color, gloss black, from the factory. The parking light bezels were done in satin (trim) black.

Yes they are suppose to be Satin finish BUT what looks better Gloss does!!! I've seen alot of these done in gloss so much nicer looking.

I agree mine were done gloss when I repainted my car I think they blend in nicely with gloss finish.But thats just my opinion.:wink:

The reason why I'm a bit confused about which parts are gloss and satin,is because my front bumper is/was gloss,but the rear bumper is flat.

I'll bet the gloss signal frames do look nice. Plus,they blend in.

But my wanting to keep it correct is my feeble attempt to keep the looks of this car somewhat original.

Btw,the Powdercoat shop I use has a 45ft oven,so they say.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Semi-flat is your correct answer for the parking light trims as all said above.....the front and rear bumpers are supposed to be gloss black from the factory.....my rear bumper is now painted semi-gloss black as is the front bumper, due to the idiot who painted the car in 2001.

Since then I've aquired a gloss black front bumper from a wrecked GNX and will have the rear bumper repainted in gloss black (powdercoated)

You are getting a good price on your painting. Nice work.

It's all really personal preference.....go the stock route or do a little customizing to make yours stand out differently.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back