You can type here any text you want

SII Cam.. Experts please take a look

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

What you guys think of the specs of this cam?
Thank you

Attachments

• camm 001 [640x480].JPG
    camm 001 [640x480].JPG
    118 KB · Views: 165
What you guys think of the specs of this cam?
Thank you
What is the intended application ?

My opinion is that if this is for Stage 2 heads, i'm not a fan of straight duration cam profiles. Would like to see a bigger intake lobe. The lobes don't look very aggressive with 36 degrees of intensity level so will be easy on parts and not require a lot of spring. Probably get away with 180 to 220 at the seat. The lobe lift is a little low for stage 2 heads. I would like to see more near .380 to .420 lobe lift to take advantage of port flow.

If your intent is mostly street driving with little track time than it will work. If your looking to make power I wouldn't use it.

Just my opinion....

Allan G.

Thanks Allen.... It's a SII headed car... Only street duty is to local shows and cruises... I had this cam, and put it in to get the car/motor up and running last year. Just wanted to see if it's worth keeping in or need a better spec'd cam..
Thank you

I like it........especially the 114 CL perfect for a 8 sec daily driver..

I would run more intake duration and spread the lobes a little more for street use or use a totally different grind. You have room to increase lift and duration without adding overlap and still not need ridiculous springs as Allan mentioned the lobes arent very aggressive.

Thanks for all the input guys.. My ultimate goal is to hit 8.99 one day.. Would this cam get me there?
Thank you

Thanks for all the input guys.. My ultimate goal is to hit 8.99 one day.. Would this cam get me there?
Thank you

It may get you there but I would consider installing it near 114 CL, not the 110 or 111 as indicated on the cam card. The exhaust lobe closes a little early due to the small profile.

Allan G.

If you want to sell it, I;ll take it, I need something that can drive like a kitten on the street, especially with the AC on in traffic.:)

Back