You can type here any text you want

Skipping CD player

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

Ok, I bought a $30 walkman type player which I can drop and it won't skip, but my $150 (I know that's cheap for a car stereo) Sanyo receiver skips at bumps and shifts. Maybe the Bilsteins and new shift kit have something to do with it ;).

Any suggestions on how to reduce the skipping? Maybe some nylon or rubber washers at the mounting brackets? I believe I installed it correctly using the factory side brackets.

Rich, if the CD player is mounted solidly, it should not skip. Is it secured in the back with a strap?

Nope, didn't see anything about a strap in the instructions (this is my first aftermarket install). Would I use that 3/4" metal strapping with the holes? I assume there is a stud or mount on the back of the unit, but where do I connect it to the dash (I bet if I take it out it will be obvious ;) ). I have to take a look and see wht I can do.

Thanks!

If you are using a '84 thru '87 mounting kit, you can bolt the strap (the metal thingy with holes in it) to the back of head unit and bend the strap forward and secure it to the top of mounting kit to help brace the head unit and make it more solid.

Also could just be a bad CD player. Also if the optical is going bad its going to skip alot.

Back