You can type here any text you want

SLIC Comparison?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS/GN

Has anybody tried a stock/dutt neck intercooler and alchy compared to a Precision SLIC and alchy?? How much more boost /and ET would the precision be worth??

Thanks in advance

Hard to answer that Kevin as many variables come into play especially the turbo size?

Since the PTC unit has 3" pipes, when you get to the 350-400 HP level, that is a big advantage which will move lots more and cooler air because of less restriction.

My opinion is go with the PTC if you are looking for low 11's or better, mid-10's go with a front mount.

Has anybody tried a stock/dutt neck intercooler and alchy compared to a Precision SLIC and alchy?? How much more boost /and ET would the precision be worth??
yes I have,the power really depends on intake charge temp up to where the flow of the bigger intercooler becomes necessary.example a 12.0 car with a dutt neck and alky with 70 degrees intake charge will run similar with a slic and alky with roughly the same charge temps,the boost levels/timing may be different.now a faster car making more power can get to a point where it will need the bigger intercooler for flow and intake temp control.slic can go 9's all day long and ive seen 10's on a stock intercooler.there are a lot of variables.

Ran a Dutt neck IC and alchy for years. Boost was around 27-28psi. No problems and it was great. Worked well with my TE-62. Almost instant boost and the car was alot of fun to drive. Managed a 10.97@123 with that setup. Turbine failure forced a switch to a 6262 and a PTE SLIC. My car makes so much more power now, its night and day. Running less boost now but making more power.

Back