You can type here any text you want

So my insurance company tells me my car is worth $700...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kenny

No turbo, no care.
Man, I paid WAY too much. :rolleyes:

Knew they would low ball me, but god damn, how stupid can you get?

Setting up a meeting with them tomorrow, it will probably end up being on Weds. or next Mon. I can't wait! :mad:

Sounds about right!:D Time to down load all the high priced GN's from E-bay and other sources. Isn't it great dealing with people that know nothing about cars?:mad:

Originally posted by kenny
Man, I paid WAY too much. :rolleyes:

Knew they would low ball me, but god damn, how stupid can you get?

Setting up a meeting with them tomorrow, it will probably end up being on Weds. or next Mon. I can't wait! :mad:
Not sure if you have seen my thread, my 1987 White T was stolen and Luckily I had used PAYPAL for most of my purchases,the rest of the purchases I made with Money orders and as luck would have it I used my White T to go get the MO,,so those reciepts were in the center consule(sp)

ALWAYS PAY <<<WITH PAYPAL,,PAYPAL<PAYPAL....

I can fax my payout info to you,I had lots of reciepts tho,,my payout was ,,$15,865,I had lots of nice pics and lots of info...

they treated me right .State Farm..

I have all the receipts from the day the car rolled off the dealers lot until the day it was stolen.

Also have LOTS of high quality pictures of it, from when I bought it until it was stolen.

They haven't officially offered anything yet, but they better rethink that number, and then some.

I also have State Farm. Hopefully they'll give me somewhere around the number they gave you.

This is the main reason I have hired a lawyer to handle my case. I work as a programmer for an insurance company and my mother-in-law is an insurance adjuster. I have started digging out all of my receipts and printing out all the collector car price guides I can find. I guess I need to start pulling the Ebay stuff next.

INSURE WITH A CLASSIC INSURANCE COMPANY!! don't mean to yell at you. there are some limitations to usage, storage and stuff, but not too restrictive. i pay $240 a year for 15,000$ coverage on the car and 100,000$ liability. i had to send pics of the car, and request the amount of coverage, which they usually agree to if it's not outrageous. and no, it doesn't have to have classic tags. your premiums will vary depending on the amount of coverage you want and where you live. Grundy World Wide- 1-800-338-4005.Good Luck

Keny: Had my HD softail springer stolen in Columbus about 4 years ago. Like most of the other police depts, all they did was fill out the paperwork to validate it was stolen. Haven't heard a peep from them since.

Guys this is why you need to have an appraisal done by a someone who is approved by your insurance company.

kenny, the same thing happened to me when my 86 GN was stolen a few years ago.

they told me it was only worth like 1500 bucks when in reality i paid 10k for it.

what you need to do is to gather as many for sale articles as you can of T types like yours or even GNs and even throw in a few GNXs.

keep all the prices above a certain number, which is the minimum u want to get.

i ended up getting 500 more than i paid for the car in the first place.

good luck to you

Back