So, who's running one of TurboTweaks SD chips?

new to this consept so from what i understand its better to use the wide band insted of the 02 sensor, is the wide band safe against leaded gas unlike the 02 sensor and can I put it on my down pipe like my 02 is now and would the one from inovative be ok to use. Trying to learn more as am sick of fouled 02 sensors and have had a maf sensor left me stranded at the track:mad: .
Luckley a club member from Ill. had one he let me use to get car home just gave him a 60.00 deposit to make sure I sent it back took it off his car as it was trailered to track. Got to love our comunity how many guys do you know that would help a stranger out like that.
Thanks for any input
Tom:cool:

is the wide band safe against leaded gas unlike the 02 sensor and can I put it on my down pipe like my 02 is now and would the one from inovative be ok to use.
Tom:cool:

Widebands last a while longer with leaded gas but not forever. If you're going to run leaded on the street, it's a good idea to use the wideband for tuning and racing and checking the tune periodically, but you do not have to leave it in there all the time. The SD chip has an option for closed loop on the wideband reading but I prefer not to use that. I prefer to get the A/F where I want it with my settings and run it that way. If you do want to run the WB correction I would reccommend setting it up so the correction is adding a small amount of fuel as opposed to taking it away.

The innovate WB's are good units.

Do you need both a scanmaster and a data logger to tune with this chip? Also do these 2 things eliminate the need for an OTC monitor?

Steve thanks so your saying adding a small amount of fule so you are a little rich instead of leaning it out ?

Steve thanks so your saying adding a small amount of fule so you are a little rich instead of leaning it out ?

Yes, for example if the car is running 11.0:1 you would want to tell the wideband correction to target 10.9:1 or 10.8:1
That way it's adding a little extra fuel with the correction instead of taking away. I like it this way because I've seen a subtraction correction take out too much fuel, which can make the engine go momentarily lean when it shifts and the engine pulls down from high RPM to low RPM.

since the sd chip eliminates the maf sensor, what is done with the maf wires (plug harness) which originally would get plugged in to maf sensor?

You can just zip toe the MAF plug out of the way!

It is a good idea to extend the air temp sensor to the up pipe though.

It is a good idea to extend the air temp sensor to the up pipe though.

...make sure it's pre-alky nozzle if you are running alcohol.

Update: Really like this chip, finally have time to get familar with all the settings and such, decided to make a chart to help keep me track of all my settings. When I change a parameter I write it down in this sheet of paper that I attached to the front of the instructions I keep in the car.

Chuck

Attachments

• Turbo Tweak SD Log Chart Defaults.pdf
    142.5 KB · Views: 154
Can you run a translator pro or 100% E-85 with this chip?

No translator pro. The MAF connector is just laying there under the hood, not connected to anything when you use an SD chip.

100% E85 would be fine so long as you tell Eric that's what you want to do from the get-go.

A Translator Pro cannot be used with this chip (it would be pointless anyway as it's already speed density). You do need a Powerlogger though.
You can run E85 with it as long as you make the proper adjustments to the chip parameters.

Eric, how close do you like to see the MAT sensor? I think it can benifit from one of these. My MAF to a dump. Time to get rid of that setup.

It's not a huge big deal. You can put the MAT sensor in the plenum or in the up-pipe. If you're spraying alky, try to put it before the nozzle so it doesn't get sprayed on.

Got one...Me likey!!!
Eric 19 and 20 what do they do. I drove it to work and want to add tip in fuel before the ride home. The site has the instructions but not as up to date as the ones I forgot at home...:redface:

To anyone that is good with reading the powerlogger and working with the wideband for tuning this is a very nice chip to have. It was darn near perfect out of the box without the WB tracking on all the functions. Very happy. I am using the AEM wideband from Eric too. Simple install!

Got one...Me likey!!!
Eric 19 and 20 what do they do. I drove it to work and want to add tip in fuel before the ride home. The site has the instructions but not as up to date as the ones I forgot at home...:redface:

Does the latest version have a tip-in adjustment?

Mine does not have a tip-in adjustment.... I had some tip-in issues when I first installed the chip but it was readily adressed by adjusting the fuel pressure.

Does the latest version have a tip-in adjustment?

Mine does not have a tip-in adjustment.... I had some tip-in issues when I first installed the chip but it was readily adressed by adjusting the fuel pressure.

19. Target A/F at idle- target fuel at idle if using closed loop
20. AE Fuel - Acceleration Enrichment Fuel

20 is what I was refering too.
"This adjustment modifies the AE fuel. AE fuel is only applied during "tip in", while the throttle is moving. So if you have a tip-in stumble right when you move the throttle,you can try adjusting this to improve the response."