Some install pics

Very Cool!!! Id really like to see the kick panel on the drivers side with the e-brake there! :) Always looking for new ideas to change my system setup as well! Very nice job, and I really like the spare tire well 15" sub idea!

That is very sweet! I like the kick pannel a lot. That kick panel cover needs to be painted grey to match the interior tho. Removing the visor was a pretty slick idea too. The gauges up top is something a have never seen before with the GN. I like that idea.

The Dynomat's gotta add quite a bit of weight tho to the car. I know that stuff is not all that light but who cares that thing must sound incredible. That is the cleanest install on a GN that I have seen yet. I too would like to see the kick panel install on the other side near the e-brake. Awesome!

well...no e-brake anymore...LOL. I got a transbrake! LOL
The kick grill is grey just like the dash cover, a-pillars, console insert, etc. We matched everything. Lighting kind of blew the color out of it.
I appreciate the compliments guys!!!!! I'm very happy with it and the way it came together.
believe it or not...that's 52 sq ft of Dynamat...roof is done as well. 52 sq ft=26lbs roughly. Not bad considering I pulled all of the stock deadening out and went with aftermarket carpet which isn't rubber backed. I'd bet the car was actually lighter before the wood and fiberglass work. I know we only added about 75lbs to the car when all was said and done. Right over the rear axle.

grocery getter, i bet your doors sound alot more solid when you close them now, correct?

you know what's funny...I haven't even deadened the doors at this point...no speakers there. Yes, most of your car resonance is in the roof and floor.

Keith,
I cannot open the XFI install pictures. Could you e-mail them to me?
Conrad

John told me about you...said you had a really nice GN. Small world! Man I could give you some pointers on these cars...MAN....before you buy drivers get in touch with me. This Hybrid Audio gear is amazing and I've played around with some new stuff Scott has coming out.

Very cool. I am finishing Suspension now, trying to nail down my wheels/tires, then pulling the motor for a engine bay clean up, new gaskets, and a valve spring job. Reassembly should find some chrome, and powder coating.....then I get to audio I hope. (since I am in Real Estate, its been a LOOOOONG two years financially)
I did SQ in the early 90s, and have built abut more than that I like a "windows down , loud and clear" system since I blew up my SQ ears when we put eight 12"s in my civic and daily drove it 2 years at 150 db+. I'd love to use multiple front drivers, several multiples for volume w/o stressing the drivers....but it always makes SQ harder (staging and imaging, and equilization anyway)
Scott has said he would like to see me using his gear, so I'll make it happen, it really is the best of the best IMO......and I have been spo'd by everyone from Eclipse, to Polk to MBQ....
Let me know the next trip you come towards GA and I'll ride out w/ John and spend a day w/ you guys. Also, as more pics become available of install or new items, post em up!

I'll have some underhood shots up after the new neaders, turbo, and battery install in the buick. Good to talk to you!

Grocerygetter, sweet install. Greg, don't leave me out of the pic list. My GN hasn't been receiving any love lately, just the truck (tow rig, kid hauler). Sony C90 in the dash now.

With me deciding to sell the TSM race car my plans for the system redo in the street GN are being reconsidered. As in a smaller system. Maybe a pair of 12's or 15's AP'ed to save some weight. Gotta redo the door panels to hold some 7's or 8's. On and on and on, ya'll know how it goes.:D ;)
John

I have been considering 2- 15" or 12" Aperiodic as well, I am only concerned w/ the volume I like to play them. I have heard many AP and even IB designs that did very well, but they are not generally played as hard as I'd play them, they seem to be more SQ set up where they dont get a beating as well as time in the lanes. Also, having a daily driver for a few years in the 150+ db range, makes you desire that intensity. So I am unsure what I'll do.
I am planning on an 8" in the front door and 5 and tweet in kicks. If the 8' in the door wont work the way I hope, the rear side panels will (Where RC had 12"s in the his GN).
I'll definately get pics up as i begin th process, and you guys too please!

My single 15 and enclosure weighs less than it would to put two 15's IB or AP behind the seat. Also consider the jack and spare came out...weight wise I felt what I did was a very good option. I have debated on doing some HAT 8"ers back in the side panel as well. Don't know yet. My car will do about a 140 on the dash.

My single 15 and enclosure weighs less than it would to put two 15's IB or AP behind the seat. Also consider the jack and spare came out...weight wise I felt what I did was a very good option. I have debated on doing some HAT 8"ers back in the side panel as well. Don't know yet. My car will do about a 140 on the dash.

I need 140db to be happy, but I want it to be w/o too much wear and effort. I need a 145-146 db set up, and when I get in the mood and really romp it, use it at 90% capacity. After low-mid 150s, its hard to get excited over 140db, the intensity is just different. But I am old and my ears aren't what they once were..... I have to remind myself I am 35 now, not 18.

I would love to have something that would do a 140+ again. My old big system would do a 144 with the mic at listening position. 150+ on the dash or the floor.:D Just not gonna do it since I now have 2 car seats in the back seat for my girls.:tongue: I'm looking more for a really good, accurate sound and staging that will get some volume.:cool:
John

That was 1 of the cleanest installs I've ever seen in a gbody. I like how it didn't take up too much space and left plenty of useable room in the trunk. I'd like to know where you got those kick panels because I used kick panels from Q-Logic for my SS install but I'd like something a lil different for my Type T.