You can type here any text you want

Some old guy in a Turbo Carrara...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
The name of the guy in the Turbo Porsche will be changed to protect the ...sheep.

There I was...just minding my own business on my way home from the auto parts store on Fathers Day, when I peacefully cruise buy this Black Turbo Porsche.

I recognized the driver and his wife and I gave a friendly smile and wave as we coasted up to a red light. We exchanged our, "Hey how ya doing?"s and such...

I figured.....aint no way this friendly person I know is gonna try to race with his wife in the car...especially after he cooked the clutch in his Z06 when getting ready to race me a few weeks ago... so I'm not even thinking about going for it. So when the light turned green, he takes off...catching me sleeping and so I nailed it to try and give chase and ended up spinning my Nitto's like crazy as he put about 2 lengths on me.

We were running out of room fast and even tho' he wasn't getting any further away...I wasn't getting any closer either...so we got out of it and stopped at the next red.

Me: I didn't think you would actually race me!:eek::tongue:
Him: We're gonna get arrested.:rolleyes::biggrin:
Me: Yeah...no more:rolleyes:

Green light...but the road ahead was up hill and had turns in it...not the best spot to go for a rematch against a Turbo Porsche...

Me: See ya, Lou...;)

There I was...just minding my own business on my way home from the auto parts store
Ha, you mind ur own business. Now that's funny. So the Porsche gave you a run for ur money huh? Impressive. How bout some more specs on the Porsche?

It was a newer turboed one I assume. AWD?

Well,

Being Fathers day, I guess that Lou figured that he'd spend some quality time with one of his children. It's not his fault that the kid needed a spanking.:eek::D

Time for some MT DRs yet?:)

Mike Barnard

That kind of looks like my brother's G35.. Eh maybe not.. haha

IMG_0029-1.jpg

3046837_1.jpg

Thanks Brent! damn but I'm a real bitch magnet! Chicken if you weren't racing me what was all that squealing of tires & noise behind me.Will you also wash that poor Buick it still has Fontana raceway dirt on it & that old discolored purple window tint has also got to go. SpoolFool & I have both agreed to boycott any further assistance till your hygiene improves.

Thanks Brent! damn but I'm a real bitch magnet! Chicken if you weren't racing me what was all that squealing of tires & noise behind me.Will you also wash that poor Buick it still has Fontana raceway dirt on it & that old discolored purple window tint has also got to go. SpoolFool & I have both agreed to boycott any further assistance till your hygiene improves.

All that tire noise was me finally putting it to the floor and getting into boost when I finally realized you were racing, Papa Lou. I think I would have done much better had I brake boosted just a little.:D

Ya...I need to wash the car.
I don't look at is as dirt...I see it as...personality.;)

...and that purple window tint....is a speed secret. :D

Well...the GN is parked for now...I noticed yesterday that I used up my last bit of good rubber on ya.

The belts are finally starting to show on my Nitto DR's so it's time for some new tires.

I'm going back to street radialls for daily driving purposes...I can't afford to blow $380 bucks on new back tires every 8-9 months.:rolleyes:
I'll probably throw some 275/60/15 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's on there to match what I have up front and give me a taller tire...they're 28" tall.

I had a 911 Turbo...an older one albeit (1991) with some tasteful mods and from a stop u shouldn't have a problem at all....one thing I will say, if u run from a cruising roll..say 35mph on...watch out. I've owned alot of mean cars including an 02' ZO6 and nothing outran that 911 from cruising speed, I wasted my buddies 99' Viper from 55mph on...man I miss that car, ashame it was so dam expensive to buy parts for :p Bye Porsche! (part prices were absurd!)

I had a 911 Turbo...an older one albeit (1991) with some tasteful mods and from a stop u shouldn't have a problem at all....one thing I will say, if u run from a cruising roll..say 35mph on...watch out. I've owned alot of mean cars including an 02' ZO6 and nothing outran that 911 from cruising speed, I wasted my buddies 99' Viper from 55mph on...man I miss that car, ashame it was so dam expensive to buy parts for :p Bye Porsche! (part prices were absurd!)
Yes from a roll this car will hold its own against most exotics & Mr Chicken would have a little problem. As far as maintenance the later Porsche's are very trouble free but wouldn't own one without a warranty cause one incident could cost big money.

Yeah, the car was trouble free...and by far the best built automible...bar none!..I ever owned. My problem was it was nearing rebuild time and buying 6 of those "cylinders" and everything else involved was outrageous! But I will say again...what an unbelieveable, extremely well built vehicle. I will own one again, probably liquid cooled but those air cooled 911's are really cool.

Yes from a roll this car will hold its own against most exotics & Mr Chicken would have a little problem. As far as maintenance the later Porsche's are very trouble free but wouldn't own one without a warranty cause one incident could cost big money.

Hmmmm...care for a rematch at the next LA Invasion?
The Chicken coupe vs. the Turbo Bug?:D
I'll even wash it for the event...:D

You start from a roll if you want.
I'll start on the 2nd amber.
Let's see who gets to the big end first.

Hey Spoolfool2...can I borrow your MT's again?

You'll get 'em no problem in the 1/4 Chicken unless he went nuts w/ the car...they are not 1/4 mile cars at all, they are highway/top speed cars. My car would go from 55ish to 160 in a flash, it was crazy and I could only imagine what the newer P cars would do...they were never meant for 1/4 milers. I remember mine was a dog right out of the hole, but nutz once rollin...big ole turbo had to spool

You'll get 'em no problem in the 1/4 Chicken unless he went nuts w/ the car...they are not 1/4 mile cars at all, they are highway/top speed cars. My car would go from 55ish to 160 in a flash, it was crazy and I could only imagine what the newer P cars would do...they were never meant for 1/4 milers. I remember mine was a dog right out of the hole, but nutz once rollin...big ole turbo had to spool

Older 911s were rear wheel drive, manual shift.

Lou's V-Dub is all wheel drive, paddle shift, and puts down over 500 HP(was told).

I have no idea what these cars do in the 1320'. However, I will point out that these facts look pretty good on paper.:)

Mike Barnard

Lou's V-Dub is all wheel drive

V Dub (and I know u meant no offense Mike)
Hey Lou, Go on rennlist.com and have one of the "Vdub" boys show them what a worked 996 does. I love my GN and my old muscle but PLEASE don't sell the "P" cars short, they are unbelieveable automobiles that have a ton of potential. Let's face it, the "P" cars got Turbocharging right from the late 70's right on through.

Back