You can type here any text you want

Some Pics of my Suspension!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gbodygmachine

00012.jpg

Wheels024.jpg

Wheels023.jpg

00008-1.jpg

00006.jpg

Very cool! Are those ZO6 front calipers? How about the rears? What did you end up going with for those? I really like the way you set of the rear suspension. Was that some sort of a kit? Also are you using stock front spinldes?

I helped him with this thing. C5 brakes and custom rear. He (Jeff) can weld good and didn't do too bad. I can't wait to see when that thing gets done.

What are you? Some sort of God? That is really cool. Can't wait to see the finished product.

How were you able to get the coilover upper brackets in the correct height? Was this a guess, then build adjustable brackets? I just see this as being very important as far as the height of the rear. Very Very cool set up! How well does it ride? Wanna do my GN next?

info please

on the rear bracing, whats the theory on the brace, the geometry, etc.
I like the way you notched the frame, and have plans to do something very similar,more pics please!
it does look very very nice !!!!!
thanks
cruzn57

Told Ya!!!

I told ya this would bring interest on here. I saw it first on Lateral-g.net . Its a good site but seems to be heavily swayed towards first gen camaros and pro built garage queens. Love to see updates and performance numbers when you get this done.

That rear setup is real nice. Any thoughts about going up through floor to package tray or rear seat bracing? That would stiffen up the body real nice.
I have also seen some crazy bracing on front of the rear lower control arms.I have the H&R braces . The one i saw was at ans right when Pete was closing up shop.That thing had tubing from control arm mount on frame to a steel plate that was welded to floor of car. I remember Pete saying that he seen a control arm mount break off frame and go through floor:eek: That would suck. Anyone do this upgrade?

Very cool! Are those ZO6 front calipers? How about the rears? What did you end up going with for those? I really like the way you set of the rear suspension. Was that some sort of a kit? Also are you using stock front spinldes?

Those are C5 Calipers Powder coated Red from Kore 3. The rear is all SSBC Components for an A-Body. No kits here. Everything was made by myself, or friends in garages. I had Drop Spindles in the front but it made the car way, way to low. Those are stock G-Body Spindles with mods for the 13" rotors and C5 Calipers.

Jeff

How were you able to get the coilover upper brackets in the correct height? Was this a guess, then build adjustable brackets? I just see this as being very important as far as the height of the rear. Very Very cool set up! How well does it ride? Wanna do my GN next?

In the rear I got the upper coilover mounts as high as possible. This allows me to run the tallest coilover possible. The bottom brackets are for a drag race application and are almost infinitly adjustable.
It rides rough. But I do live in Michigan. On a smooth road the car feels like its on rails, and is very responsive.
Im for hire!! lol.

Jeff

That's sweet. But why not go with coilovers on the front as well?

There is no good way to mount them. Alston Chassisworks makes a kit ($800) but the entire weight of the front of the car is held by a pin about the size of a 3/8 bolt. I didnt like the idea. QA1 also makes a kit, but it is not a true coilover and, well, QA1 shocks dont do well with side load which our front suspensions produce. I basically have a coilover up front, it just is not as one unit, its in pieces.

Jeff
VAS_862MN-425_SHOWNid.jpg
hal-gmp1350-3_w.jpg

Back