You can type here any text you want

Some Pics of my Suspension!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
on the rear bracing, whats the theory on the brace, the geometry, etc.
I like the way you notched the frame, and have plans to do something very similar,more pics please!
it does look very very nice !!!!!
thanks
cruzn57

Thankyou,
The theory was to make the frame more ridgid. It actually happened by accident. When I cut the original spring pockets out I wanted to add some strength to where the upper control arms attach. I used square tube. Then I installed the round tube for the upper coilover mounts. I hade some spare tube so I thought I would strengthen the whole rear of the car by tying the two crossmembers together. Worked out nice, the only issue was I could not install the extra body mount bushing. I dont thing I need it with all the structure I added though.

Jeff

I told ya this would bring interest on here. I saw it first on Lateral-g.net . Its a good site but seems to be heavily swayed towards first gen camaros and pro built garage queens. Love to see updates and performance numbers when you get this done.

This summer I am going to thrash the car to see how she holds up. I need to add power steering and a new master cylinder first. Anyone have a spare Power Steering setup?

Jeff

That rear setup is real nice. Any thoughts about going up through floor to package tray or rear seat bracing? That would stiffen up the body real nice.
I have also seen some crazy bracing on front of the rear lower control arms.I have the H&R braces . The one i saw was at ans right when Pete was closing up shop.That thing had tubing from control arm mount on frame to a steel plate that was welded to floor of car. I remember Pete saying that he seen a control arm mount break off frame and go through floor:eek: That would suck. Anyone do this upgrade?

I dont believe in stiffening up the body, except for the seat braces. The body basically rides ontop of the frame. If your frame is stiff, your body wont flex. Also, you dont want the car too stiff, thats when things start to break. I drive this car on the street. I want some give in the frame, or I would be repairing broken welds every weekend. And i dont thing tying the body and frame together with steel is good for my application, I want to pull the body off in later years, its easier when you dont have to cut it off.

Jeff

DSCN5496.jpg

New003.jpg

New006.jpg

No way, can you be married !!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

very impressive,
thanks for the frame notch shot, I was concerned about strength of the frame at that point, but seeing the spring pocket, well, no need to get carried away!
I still plan to tie the rear roll bar down tube ( one that goes to spring pocket) to the rear of the frame, to avoid body ( fender) flex, sort of trianglate it.
Thanks for the great pics, I really like what your doing.
and like I said no way can you be married !!!!! :biggrin:
Thanks
cruzn57

Nice hood. Where did you get such a nice hood? Now if I can just get you to a warmer area where you can drive it all the time.

Man I can't wait to finish school so I can start a G-Machine project.

Looks awesome man.

You are a patient man. Very nice work. What year is your car? Is it a Regal or GN or T-Type?

What size engine?

Good luck.

Frank

Just a regal with a turbo hood. Again, nice hood.;) And its a 350 chevy. It has goods parts in it. Runs very well. He my say how well but I won't. So Jeff, when are you going to put the spray to it?

Well, when it's done, keep her locked up.

Back in the early 90s, my cousin bought a 1982 Buick Regal Somerset. What a nice looking car. It was a two-tone midnight blue and tan with t-tops. It originally had a v6- I think it was a 4.1.

Anyway, my cousin started to fix it up a little. The paint and interior were still in mint condition. He put in a 350 or was it a 305? nice sounding engine, dual exhaust and aluminum rims. The car looked mint and it was a nice cruiser.

A month or so later, it was stolen from the movie theater parking lot in the Bronx.

Lock her up and don't leave her unattended!

Frank

Just a regal with a turbo hood. Again, nice hood.;) And its a 350 chevy. It has goods parts in it. Runs very well. He my say how well but I won't. So Jeff, when are you going to put the spray to it?

Actually mike, its a 383 Stroker. Ran 12.1 with a small carb and a 3.73 gear in a heavier car. Will go into the 11's in this car.

Well, when it's done, keep her locked up.

Back in the early 90s, my cousin bought a 1982 Buick Regal Somerset. What a nice looking car. It was a two-tone midnight blue and tan with t-tops. It originally had a v6- I think it was a 4.1.

Anyway, my cousin started to fix it up a little. The paint and interior were still in mint condition. He put in a 350 or was it a 305? nice sounding engine, dual exhaust and aluminum rims. The car looked mint and it was a nice cruiser.

A month or so later, it was stolen from the movie theater parking lot in the Bronx.

Lock her up and don't leave her unattended!

Frank

I second that! I hate seeing our pride n joys getting stolen!!! At least get some sort of GPS device that'll send you a text the moment it's tampered with... google: GPS snitch, very VERY handy.

The service is nominal compared to the agony and stress of a stolen gbody.

VERY nice product you got going, btw!

Back