You can type here any text you want

Some pictures of Freddy's new motor...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Here are some pics of Freddy's (TurboT231) new bullet for his blue Turbo Regal... This motor is based off of a Prototype Stage block that he picked up and I believe he is using an Eagle stock stroke crank with some nice Carrillo rods and the motor also has the TA Alum heads... I'll let Freddy post up some further details of his setup, but I'm pretty certain his goals for this new motor are some 9 sec timeslips:cool:

Attachments

• freddy1.JPG
    freddy1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 615
  • freddy2.JPG
    freddy2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 590
  • freddy3.JPG
    freddy3.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 603
  • freddy4.JPG
    freddy4.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 594
  • freddy5.JPG
    freddy5.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 592
Few more~

Attachments

• freddy6.JPG
    freddy6.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 606
  • freddy7.JPG
    freddy7.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 580
  • freddy8.JPG
    freddy8.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 594
Looks like a welded 109 block drilled for the upper head bolts.The RJC head clamp and upper bolts on a modified block = Expensive Lesson.I am in no way saying that is what you have or are trying to do,just what it looks like from the photos.

Motor looks excellent. Definitely a work of art.

BTW....

Please let us know what was used to give the valve covers the carbon fiber look. I'm assuming it's some sort of overlay kit?
Man it looks sweet. One thing I see tho, you might want to make sure all the vacuum hoses are zip tied on the vacuum block, and make sure that none of the fittings are leaking as well on that block. Also, that black plastic tube on the adj fuel press regulator will blow off over time if not zip tied or replaced with a section of regular vacuum hose. Ask me how I know.

Patrick

looks awsome and the valve cover look great as well. looks like its going to be a killer setup

Thanks guy's for the compliments. The valve covers were done by a friend of mine down here and it is a real pain to do. It's a print that they get dipped in then cleared over. The headers are from TA performance and the turbo is only a 70 GTQ, and yes Ray the motor mount's are stock, i don't have a problem with using a torque strap. BTW Slamming 6, the block in the picture actually belongs to board member (no-nos) the welded 109 :rolleyes: that = Expensive lesson, can you tell us from your experience how having extra head bolts is a bad thing, sounds like you allready tryed it and had problems?

Thanks guy's for the compliments. The valve covers were done by a friend of mine down here and it is a real pain to do. It's a print that they get dipped in then cleared over. The headers are from TA performance and the turbo is only a 70 GTQ, and yes Ray the motor mount's are stock, i don't have a problem with using a torque strap. BTW Slamming 6, the block in the picture actually belongs to board member (no-nos) the welded 109 :rolleyes: that = Expensive lesson, can you tell us from your experience how having extra head bolts is a bad thing, sounds like you allready tryed it and had problems?

I agree with you on the torque strap, all that money could go else-where instead of buying those $200+ ones. :cool:

Freddy the problem is not from the extra head bolts its welded cast iron plus the different load axes from the head clamp.Now I am going back some 12yrs or so it was like a cracked head festival,we all know the casting process and materials were not the best at that time.I really don't know what the out come would be with today's product's would love for something like this to hold 25 to 30lbs boost,I would dump a few Stage II cash eating machines.(i.e the cost of parts & clean blocks)

alright, the engine block you see there slmming6 is not a regular stock 109 block it's a.......well i'll let freddy fill you in on it, ( he knows more than i do ) but it's not a stock block

Back