You can type here any text you want

Sometimes you just gotta start over....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just so you can fully appreciate the massiveness of the wastegate, here is a shot of it beside a 38mm gate. The valve is a tad bigger than one beside it for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG00012.jpg
    IMG00012.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG00013.jpg
    IMG00013.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 659
Just so you can fully appreciate the massiveness of the wastegate, here is a shot of it beside a 38mm gate. The valve is a tad bigger than one beside it for comparison.

What size & hp rating do those gates have? :eek:

What size & hp rating do those gates have? :eek:

They're 60mm gates. I have no idea how much horsepower they'll support. A lot.. but since we're going to run alcohol, I figured it was best to be able to flow as much air as possible.

They're 60mm gates. I have no idea how much horsepower they'll support. A lot.. but since we're going to run alcohol, I figured it was best to be able to flow as much air as possible.

:eek: Thanx! What hp are u guys expecting? With alcohol 1600-1700?

Found out today that the fuel pump we'll be using is rated at 20 gallons A MINUTE.... so 1200 gallons an hour.

Here's a little something for the haters.

I want to know where you are going to put the flux capacitor.... to power up all those necessities...? That thing is going to need one mean alternator....and power distribution system...

Looks sick guys!

I want to know where you are going to put the flux capacitor.... to power up all those necessities...? That thing is going to need one mean alternator....and power distribution system...

Looks sick guys!

We're not going to run an alternator. We're going to run 1 16V battery. The pump is belt driven.

We're not going to run an alternator. We're going to run 1 16V battery. The pump is belt driven.

Some guys have tried running a MAG, not sure if it is worth it though.
Thanks for showing us the new goodies!

We just like to do different things, some folks think we are just nutz:biggrin: :cool:

Check it out anytime you guys get ready!

We just like to do different things, some folks think we are just nutz:biggrin: :cool:

Check it out anytime you guys get ready!

Innovation is harder than Imitation.
I am really looking forward to your new car.
You guys are thinking outside the box.

Here's the heart of the fuel system :)

Thats what a 20 gallon a minute fuel pump looks like.

Attachments

• IMG00014.jpg
    IMG00014.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 955
Now a roller! getting closer

Attachments

• 9 21 08 010.jpg
    9 21 08 010.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,931
  • 9 21 08 015.jpg
    9 21 08 015.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,939
  • 9 21 08 017.jpg
    9 21 08 017.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,915
  • 9 21 08 008.jpg
    9 21 08 008.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,897
That is fantastic, I think I need some alone time now...

Back