Spool times between...

turbocamino1

turboholic
Same engine ,same converter. 650HP. Spool times between Precision JB gen2 6766 .63 vs. HPT DBB F2 6870 (i believe they are .70A/R) Both 3 bolts. I know the gen2 lights up pretty quick.

Don't forget to check out Comp turbos. My 6771 smoked my T 'netics 6465 bb and now they have a new hubless turbo that flows 15% more with the same size wheel. I have one being built right now and should have it in 8 weeks. Here is a pic of the log from when I hit it at a 30mph roll boost went to 32# in less than .5 sec & made 920 hp. The tall blue line is boost and red is TPS . I let off cause the car started going sideways. Lol
Mr spool can help with specing one out .

Attachments

• 44168.jpeg
    44168.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 43
This^^^^^^
Real data
Not it spooled faster it think🙄🤣
But initial boost and max boost in time with the power achieved.
Dynomans car made 990hp in under .5 sec and for those that understand holley look at the tps😎

Don't forget to check out Comp turbos. My 6771 smoked my T 'netics 6465 bb and now they have a new hubless turbo that flows 15% more with the same size wheel. I have one being built right now and should have it in 8 weeks. Here is a pic of the log from when I hit it at a 30mph roll boost went to 32# in less than .5 sec & made 920 hp. The tall blue line is boost and red is TPS . I let off cause the car started going sideways. Lol
Mr spool can help with specing one out .
Cant wait to see the Hubless log..:coffee:

Thanks for all the above. To be more transparent,, I want to try a bb turbo. 3 bolt stuff. Wanting something that my 235" 109 can spool but also be enough for the 269" 4.1 i am slowly getting parts for. Planing on keeping the 4.1 around the 700WHP range , give or take. I do have a dead new gen2 jb 6766 .63 Bison made for me a couple years ago that may fit the scenario but not bb. The instant spool time of a bb turbo sounds great and would help me with some of the blower cars i face every summer. But at 3400Lbs, car has traction issues as it is. Yes, i am adding weight to the back of the car to help. It has Vikings and several othr rear arms and braces as well,,also a new HR bar going in. On concrete with a heated tire,works pretty ok. I like everything about the HPT and look to give my business to Harry. The HPT6870 i mentioned sounds perfect for the 4.1 but a tad too much for the 109 maybe? ,, so his 6466 may be the ticket for this go between plan but see a backpressure concern on a 269"?

Seems to be a good time if you are looking for a new turbo with the all the new wheels out there. It would be interesting to see how the new Turbosmart turbos are too although those don't come in the Buick 3-bolt.

Seems to be a good time if you are looking for a new turbo with the all the new wheels out there. It would be interesting to see how the new Turbosmart turbos are too although those don't come in the Buick 3-bolt.
They are hpt from what I understand
Compressor maps are available on the website

Thanks for all the above. To be more transparent,, I want to try a bb turbo. 3 bolt stuff. Wanting something that my 235" 109 can spool but also be enough for the 269" 4.1 i am slowly getting parts for. Planing on keeping the 4.1 around the 700WHP range , give or take. I do have a dead new gen2 jb 6766 .63 Bison made for me a couple years ago that may fit the scenario but not bb. The instant spool time of a bb turbo sounds great and would help me with some of the blower cars i face every summer. But at 3400Lbs, car has traction issues as it is. Yes, i am adding weight to the back of the car to help. It has Vikings and several othr rear arms and braces as well,,also a new HR bar going in. On concrete with a heated tire,works pretty ok. I like everything about the HPT and look to give my business to Harry. The HPT6870 i mentioned sounds perfect for the 4.1 but a tad too much for the 109 maybe? ,, so his 6466 may be the ticket for this go between plan but see a backpressure concern on a 269"?
Are you planning to use a production 4.1 block?

Are you planning to use a production 4.1 block?
Its a 291 production block,,something Weber build around 2010 ,,girdled ,4.0 bore ,crank ,rods. Its all together and could be installed as it is,but, decided on a better piston than the old Hyper's.

I just removed a Precision 6870 and bought the new Next Gen 7270. I had no problem spooling the 6870 on the street with my 109 stroker, and have only got to make 1 small 2 second hit with the new 7270. I see no difference in spool time with the 1 hit but I think it may be a little faster when I get the fuel adjusted for it. Unfortunately I live in St Louis and the weather is not cooperating ...

Bryan