You can type here any text you want

Sportsman and E85

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ktbregal

Is there anyone running these two together? I want to go with the Sportsman and we just started getting E85 local. Any thoughts? Thanks

Works perfect. What's your concern?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If it's not to much trouble could you explain what iui need to do as for as running both. U call Cal and ask for what ect....

Damn phone lol. I just need to know the basics to ask for and any tricks that can help.

The Sportsman will not support low Z injectors by itself , keep that in mind if going to E85 .

I have Highs in the engine. What willing need together from Cal when I call.

I guess I'm asking is all I need is the ECU package from Cal? He will set the tune for E85?

E85 will require larger injectors and anything larger than 80# will be low Z . Unless you spend big money for +80# high Z injectors and Cal does sell them also .

Also the rest of the fuel system may need to be upgraded depending on what you have now . Post up what pumps you have .

I am still using stock ecm. I have a fresh buildt motor and I would love to have a fast street car. I don't plan on racing anytime soon. I've have s ok me bad ecms. I would like to learn more about tuning.

I ran the sportsman on e85 for a couple years. I liked it a lot. Learned the tuning side of it, which I wanted to know. It’s pretty straight forward. I know enough to get by but am still learning as I tune the car more. I upgraded to the xfi2.0 for more fine tuning. Largest most readily available injectors for high z injectors are the 80s but I have 160s cost a bit though. 80s are sufficient along with the dw300 but if you want to fast you’ll need to step your setup up. With the 80s I was 70/80% duty cycles and I had a 450 pump which were at about 350lph. Of course I had bigger fuel lines.

You can go real fast on a stock ecm , you will need it modded for low Z injectors , then get low Z 120's & chip from Eric. Works for me , I'm at 10.30's @ 129 .

Back