You can type here any text you want

Springs and Shocks suggestions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

I am looking to remove my shocks and spring in the next couple of weeks. I have Eibach lowering springs and Tokico shocks. I am really not happy with the stiff ride on my car. Can everyone give me some suggestions on what springs and shock combo I should get to soft up the ride of my car? I have heard everyone likes Bilsteins. Have heard people mention Kirbans for the springs. Is there a cheaper place to get the same style springs Kirbans is offering?

could run Moog stock F-41 springs... part numbers should be 5606 front/5379 rear and most auto places should carry them. They should be pretty affordable as well.

going to be parting with the Eibachs? :wink:

i would like to find some springs that are a tad bit stronger than the stock springs that came on our cars. Once I get eveything switched over i will be selling the Eibachs and tokico shocks. they have about 2000 miles on them.

here are all the Moog charts...

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

The F-41 springs (5606) are 420 lb/in... Next step up are really the 5658's, which are 579 lb/in, but drop the car 1.5" or so... 5660's are 639 lb/in which are stiffer than the Eibachs I believe, and they give you still a 1" drop. So that doesn't help you out much.

this thread was from a couple days ago... see if this helps at all... you could maybe try the coil springs place listed.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178726

If nothing else, you could go with the Kirban springs... "20% stiffer than stock" it advertises for the front, which puts you up around 500 lb/in springs. You could try seeing what the coil springs place will do for you, may be able to stiffen up a stock spring just a bit.

I have Edelbrock IAS shocks, but won't be able to test drive them to say how they ride for a few weeks yet.

IAS Shocks

Had IAS shocks on for about 6 weeks. Ride nicer than KYB and Bilstein. Smooth. Then force it into a corner and it sticks like glue. (until the tires give out). Love 'em. Used moog replacement springs, work fine.

Tom Walker said:
Had IAS shocks on for about 6 weeks. Ride nicer than KYB and Bilstein. Smooth. Then force it into a corner and it sticks like glue. (until the tires give out). Love 'em. Used moog replacement springs, work fine.
Why only 6 weeks? Any part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Im happy with my kirbans springs and kyb shocks in the rear...world of difference over stock but still rides very nice. Installing the same in the front very soon...

usingthe Moog chart how would i know wich spring to use to lower the rear about 1 inch? TIA

Back