You can type here any text you want

sputtering, poping after a little cruz was going easy and a rough idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RFM87'GrandNational

im wondering if its a fuel presure problem or a boost problem only happen once n a while . a sputering poping feeling while rolling into the throttel engine temp was around 175 degrees turbo boost seems a little laggy . only shows up once in a while other days its running perfect. its kinda fluky. ive 97 premium gas. it sat for about 2 years with a start up twice a month but it did have a good 6 months with a dead battery but have been cruzing around in it lately this problem occurred in the past 3 months after winter. i would like some advice or suggestion on what could be the problem. i have alot of work to the car larger turbo, fuel pump with lager wire with regulator. larger throttle body custom air intake headers with a 3 1/2 inch down pipe in to duels everything but bigger fuel injectors im wondering if thats the problem. any advice would be helpful! Thanks

Rough idle and a sputtering/popping feeling while rolling into the throttle? Sounds like a misfire but need more info.

Rough idle and a sputtering/popping feeling while rolling into the throttle? Sounds like a misfire but need more info.
For example yesterday was really the first long drive I took in it this year. So I took it on the highway it was running fine wasnt going hard on it just cruzing at 65 and a couple times I laid into it going about half throtle spend up to 95 to 100 mph quick bost didnt go over 18 pound it was running a little hot around 180 degrees soo I get off the hight way im at a red light I pree staged it I was at about 1700rpm green I rolled into it easly about half tbrottle an it took off good fir about 3 second I was madey at 35 mph right when the turbo kicks in full blast. I wasnt looking at the boost gage but I deffently felt a longer lag and then a loud pop like puff noise with a little sputting after that then had to drive up a step mountain about a mile and half long and if I went over 2500rpm it would spudder. But now that im thinking about it the fuel filter is probly clogged I feel like its running lean like this a presure drop in the fuelpresure or its a miss fire I was thinking that too idk u wanted to try out this soih

When mine was acting like this I found a bad spark plug wire after ohm test.

Could be a number of things....bad coil or ignition module, bad MAF sensor, dead spot in TPS sensor, maybe even the fuel pump although you said that has been changed recently. I think the only sensors I personally haven't had a problem with is the crank sensor and cam sensor (both were changed as preventative maintenance). I've also read that weak valve springs can cause a sputter but I'm not sure exactly of the symptoms. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Could be a number of things....bad coil or ignition module, bad MAF sensor, dead spot in TPS sensor, maybe even the fuel pump although you said that has been changed recently. I think the only sensors I personally haven't had a problem with is the crank sensor and cam sensor (both were changed as preventative maintenance). I've also read that weak valve springs can cause a sputter but I'm not sure exactly of the symptoms. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
thanks rick ive been busy lately n i plan on figuring it out this weekend hopefully if i have time ill let you guys know how it turns out

Back