SRT-8 Charger...

all the ones i've seen run mid-low 13's...would be a good race with a stock turbo

local guy has a 300C SRT8 w/ cam and heads...runs 12.20s on drag radials

Well,I've raced a 2009 SRT-8 Challenger with a procharger and killed it by 2 cars...the guy told me he ran 11.70 or so:rolleyes: and that, my best time to date is 12.06 & 112 mph with 23 psi with little to no tune!!!!!!!!

Comparing a drag race between an SRT8 and TR is like taking a TR to a road course track and racing it against an SRT8 and thinking ur gonna win. Would not even be close, not by a long shot. Nor would it be against a 100 slower vehicles other then an SRT8.

I would say if your not beating an SRT8 at the track by bus lengths ur TR is SLOW.

FWIW to this thread it's the 11 challenger that starts getting the 6.4 in srt trim. They are advertising 470 hp but that is a joke. The 6.4 in crate form is rated at 540. Supposedly they tuned it it to make better average power, rather than hit a high number. The 6.4 is going to respond very well to mods. The car is still a tank, but they are a hell of a nice car. I'd rather have to make the challenger quicker than make the camaro equal the looks and comfort of the challenger.

But for a drag car, you'd be hard pressed to beat a g body for the money.

Great, so by the time my car comes out of hibernation there will be some on the street and the local tracks. I've always been one to try my luck and let them leave first. These new cars are just not that impressive unless you are comparing them to other new cars. Even then $45,000 to go 12.50....I'll pass!

I had an SRT8 300C that went 12.87 with nothing done, bone stock, most of the runs were 13.0-13.2 always around 108. That car was no joke especially from a roll.
Mike

I would have to agree with Brett on the drag racing end. I do love the new Charger though. Dodge is really getting it together on their new cars.