Stage 1 block

3.8vsix

Guys, I have been thinking about buying a stage one block. Just wandering how much hp will the block handle "comfortable", without having to worry. I have done a search and can not find nothing but stage 2 stuff. Thanks!!!:)

i have a complete 4.1 stage1 motor that was built by kenny dut. a few years ago that i am thinking about selling if you are interested in it.

The big difference is the Stage I has bosses for the extra head bolt but it isn't drilled/tapped. Stage II is drilled and tapped. I think the center main caps are 2 bolt on Stage I and 4 bolt on Stage II. The guys/gals on Stage II Forum can clarify/correct.
Conrad

The stage 1 and stage 2 offcenter blocks are cast from the same casting. The only differences are the machining. The stage 1 uses production oiling to the lifters, which means the main oil gallery intersects the lifter bores. The stage 2 oiling is does not do this and small oil holes 1/8" are used to feed the lifters that you must drill and plug the other side from the lifter valley. The stage 1 uses nodular iron 2 bolt caps. The oil pickup is in a different location on the stage blocks also due to the 4 bolt mains. Stage 1 and 2 blocks with 3.8L are more prone to cracking between the frost plugs for some reason.

The stage 1 should be set up with steel caps and a good forged crank. It should work fine into the 8's with out detonation. So 1000-1100hp.