You can type here any text you want

Stage 11 Driveability

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joeb

Would The Driveability Be Good For A Nice Stage 11 Mtr... Gas Mileage Etc. Etc. Or Would You Be Better Off Building A Basic Build Up.. I Was Curious About Having A Strong Low 11 Or High 10 Sec Build.. But Want To Be Able To Drive On A Regular Basis. Not Always Having To Tune Or Change Parameters.. What Would Be The Best Bet..

One better than a Stage 10, but not as good as a Stage 12....:biggrin:

Would The Driveability Be Good For A Nice Stage 11 Mtr... Gas Mileage Etc. Etc. Or Would You Be Better Off Building A Basic Build Up.. I Was Curious About Having A Strong Low 11 Or High 10 Sec Build.. But Want To Be Able To Drive On A Regular Basis. Not Always Having To Tune Or Change Parameters.. What Would Be The Best Bet..

Depends on the "build-up". What affects driveability more than most things would be the cam specs, and injector size.
I know quite a few people that run a SII in a daily driver. One or two even using SII heads, but the cams aren't terribly radical, and the injectors are in the 70-85 range.

You put a 224-224 cam and 85+ injectors in even a 109 motor and street manners won't be a nice and you'd like.

If you want good fuel mileage then you should by a Prius. You can have a lot of power and ok gas mileage with a boosted v6. The stage II would get the same mileage as any other 90 degree Buick engine if it was the same combo. Using a stage block does not have an effect on fuel economy. If you want a solid low 11 second car plan on around 20 mpg highway and 14mpg city if your easy on it. Much worse if you have a heavy foot. Once you start changing cams and putting in looser converters the mileage drops off. Increasing the compression ratio can bring a small % back. Ive never built one with the intention of maximizing fuel economy. Driver technique, combo, and the a/f will have more to do with it than anything else. The combo and the persons tolerance will decide the level of driveablility.

If you want good fuel mileage then you should by a Prius.

Haha, that reminds me of someone's sig I saw on another message board....
"Buying a muscle car and worrying about gas mileage is like marrying a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill":biggrin:

I say go stage II. The few extra dollars (ok thousands...:biggrin: ) you will spend is worth the peace of mind IMO. Like Bison said, a TB is built to go fast not get good gas mileage. It's a toy for most. If it's your daily driver I hope it dosen't snow where you live.

Back