You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 balancer bolt size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotwister

FAST COMPANY PERFORMANCE
Hi,

I am in the process of finishing a stage 2 engine for my son and after installing the balancer I went t install the balancer bolt and to my surprise the stock 109 bolt is too big.Im fairly sure it has a BMS crank.The BMS crank in my stage 2 took the same bolt as the 109.never the less i need to figure out was size bolt i need.if anyone is familiar with this please chime in and let me know what size and/or what bolt to use.

Thanks,Nick

Some of the early BMS cranks used a different bolt and also has a smaller diameter pilot for the torque converter hub.

Guess you better see if your converter will mate up to the crank before you install the engine like I did. :mad:

Good info Nick. Never seen that before. THAT would be a real pizzer if you tried to install it after the engine was in. I HATE doin' things twice. (I HATE doing anything even ONCE!. When I was interviewing for Boeing, I siad "I'm seeking employment, but not neccesarily work!"):biggrin:

You wouldnt happen to know the size of the smaller bolt would ya?Ill test fit the converter tommorow also.thanks for the tip.

Back