You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pdzz

fixing something
I'll try to make this short. I've got my Weisco pistons hone fitted in my 153 block, piston to wall clearence at .004. My machinist installed the pistons and rods in the block, and their all above the deck by .010. I bought the block seperate from the rotating assembly. 3.625 crank, 4.020 bore, 6.5 rods. Question... should I machine pistons down .010? Run a thicker head gasket? I'm trying to achieve compression ratio of 9.0-9.2-1. I'll be running GN1's, custom solid roller,etc. I'm not looking for the cheapest solution, I've been building this for two years, just want it right. Thanks, Phil.

Your going to have to CC the piston/cylinder and the chamber and do the compression math. If your going to use a cometic gasket you can easily get close to the right thickness your going to need. Mike:cool:

Thanks Mike. I was more worried about having the piston above the deck. Machinist suggested cutting pistons, apparently he's done this before. I thought I would be good with a .060 head gasket. I have to check on the piston dish,I thought they are -22cc. I've got the head chamber size on my flow sheet. Phil.

.060 head gasket will give you .050 clearance to the head and thats plenty safe. If you run the compression(I can run it for you if needed ) you will see where your at towards the target compression and go from there. I have cut the top ring of many pistons to adjust for all kinds of things , so dont let that scare you either. Mike:cool:

Or a shorter rod (6.30"), or a different set of pistons. That's another way if you wanted them back into the hole.

K.

Back