You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 Indy block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turbo V6

Define stock!
Is there any difference in a "Indy" stage 2 block compared to a "normal" stage 2 block you guys run.

I was told the deck height might be lower.

I have a chance to get some turbo indy heads and want to know if they will work.

Thanks,
Scott

What sort of combination to you intend to build? Unless it's an all-out race car, forget the Indy heads. The Indy blocks were short deck, but that doesn't really affect the heads; they share most dimensions with normal S2 heads. They have raised square intake ports instead of the normal S2 rectangular ports, however.

The only pair I've seen used recently are on John Gallina's race car; the only intake you'll probably find would be Kinsler style mechanical FI stacks. That's what's on John's car with a plenum on each bank and twin throttle bodies. You could make a custom sheet metal intake or (perhaps) weld up a 4 bbl carb S2 intake, but why?

i have 2 brayton indy blocks, and 1 pair heads, the heads that brayton used are the same as the heads on a nascar motor except 10mm spark plugs, i have one block off center that was assembled but never used, it was a odd fire, the deck hight is 9.535 the motor in my car is also a indy motor deck height is 9.530 my other block was never in a roundy round car it measures 9.525 different indy 500 teams used a lot of different set ups such as bore, stroke, head cc and head porting, scott brayton got killed at indy, but his old crew chief jim wright still runs the shop in michigan brayton was the fastest buick powered car in indy racing. i have a pair of those square port heads with no valves free to a good home,:cool:

Odell,

You have more cool old parts than anybody I know. :) Send those heads down here, I will pay you shipping. :D

kendall. im going to reynolds to watch my son race his car and take a crank and rods to laz. and pick up a hood from cal. ill bring the heads if you are going, you can buy me a cup of coffee, do you want a indy cam, how about a indy, flat oil pan, front cover, cosworth oil pump. i give the intake away that went with those square heads, i have new indy pistons, i have a lot of indy stuff that is not worth nothing, maybe the gear drive might be worth a little, im a pack rat if you know what i mean,:cool:

Forget coffee, I'll buy you the booze of your choice. ;) I will take anything you want to clean out. If nothing else, I'll take pictures and send them to Ken Mosher so he can put them up on the gnttype web site. I'll be there Saturday afternoon. Look forward to seeing everybody there! :cool:

ill be there around noon friday, and ill be leaving saturday night, ill bring the heads and other parts, see you there,:rolleyes: :cool:

Originally posted by odell4o8
kendall. im going to reynolds to watch my son race his car and take a crank and rods to laz. and pick up a hood from cal. ill bring the heads if you are going, you can buy me a cup of coffee, do you want a indy cam, how about a indy, flat oil pan, front cover, cosworth oil pump. i give the intake away that went with those square heads, i have new indy pistons, i have a lot of indy stuff that is not worth nothing, maybe the gear drive might be worth a little, im a pack rat if you know what i mean,:cool:

Geeeezzzz, you and I ought to get together also. I've got two of those tall deck, on center Indy Stage II blocks also!!! But other than main caps, I have NO parts :mad:
These, I was led to believe, are also Brayton blocks.
One with steel sleeves, and one all aluminum with nikasil cylinder walls.
I wanted to build one for my car and possibly sell the other, but can't make up my mind which to build.

Let me also ask. What did you do about motor mounts, since these blocks have such beefy, wider motor mount pads (.440 wider on each side) than other Buick blocks?????

dave. i sold the new indy alum blocks that i had. the engines that i have for my race car are cast iron 4.1 on center bore on one is 3.940 the one that never was used is 3.900 i have brc pistons in it and a 3.590 crank, the other has j&e pistons and 3.625 billet crank but where the motor mounts go on the block is same as any other block i have a new billet kings crank 3.625 stroke still in the box it came in and its about 10 years old ill get around to using it, i have two sets of old stage 2 iron heads laying around another stage motor , 2 sets champion heads one pair m&A heads not bragging but im retired and i have to build my own motors and transmissions , or i cant go racing, have a nice day,:)

Yea I tried to pry those M&A's off you several times......No luck. Did you get that 400 tranny figured out yet OC?

Originally posted by odell4o8
kendall. im going to reynolds to watch my son race his car and take a crank and rods to laz. and pick up a hood from cal.

Odell.
I'll be bringing the hood. You might want to bring your helmet and fire suit. We have a tendancy to play "musical cars" while at Reynolds. We might want to put you behind the wheel a couple times.

Sorry to high jack but , ODELL i heard you may be the guy that may have a crankshaft for me> I need a wide journal 3.625 for my stage motor. Got anything? How about you CAL?
Thanks Otto

OTTO, my friend lee thompson just bought a new crank 3.625 wide jurnal from from a shop in michigan for around 1600 i have over 2000 in my new old billet crank, save your self some money if you buy a used crank have it checked for cracks before you buy it, my crank is not for sale, lee needs a set of new or used wide rods, 6 1/2 long

indy heads

hey guys--gallina racing needs a indy head as we are unable to fix the one we damaged. if these heads are availible. they really will be going to a very fast home----len

Got a set of Indy stage 2 heads with valves by the lozano bros $1500.00

E-mail me

:cool:

Have you tried Chapman??

Unless it's cut in half, have you tried these guys for head repair.

PS. they are the Co. that built the head for BMS

Back