You can type here any text you want

Stage II build suggestions welcome

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobitt

Well, Finally decided to pull my motor to inspect and freshen over the winter. I managed to accumulate a lot of street miles(~3500) over the last 7 years. Well things inside looked better than I expected. I thought for sure that my crank thrust would be worn from the transmission pressures but that was ok. I originally thought the compression was 8.5 to 1 but a cylinder poor revealed that it was 8.0 to 1.
Question is, since my combination is probably dated, what would be the things to change ? My ultimate goal would be to run in the high 8's with a full weight car. This is the rest of my engine specs,
8:1 compression
242 dur @ .050, 605 lift
Stage II heads flowing 310 in, 265 ex.
Crappy valve springs(comp 933 with about 180# at the seat)
6.5 Ti rods
3.59 stroke
4.00 in bore
88mm turbo
Not looking to throw money at it but was looking to up the compression a little to help spool. Maybe 9:1 ? Will increase the load on the springs while I'm in there.

All else being good, sound like you need valve springs and boost. The CR probably isn't a big deal. I suppose you'll probably need to make sure that your suspension is up to snuff and can pull some 1.3x's

My best 60' to date is only a sad 1.45. I never ran with a good slick or tried to dial-in the suspension. It is a mini-tube car with ladder bar. My old combination went 9.86 around <20# boost. With the Y2K88, spool is a lot slower.
Allan G.

I go with at least 9-9.5:1 Depending on your installed height/lift and If your still going to use a 1.550 dia spring like the 933 I would use a Comp 955 spring or 26115.

All else being good, sound like you need valve springs and boost. The CR probably isn't a big deal. I suppose you'll probably need to make sure that your suspension is up to snuff and can pull some 1.3x's

i spoke to him at the get togeter .And i told the same thing valve and some tuning.but if you got the motor out of the car if I was you I'll call bobby from RPE .If you do'nt have his number call me at 860-627-9270 at shop .:cool:

OK guys, Here is another question. My cam is a 242/242 .608/.608 lift with a 113 degree seperation angle. I lost my cam card over the years of getting married, moving, ect. Well anyway, what whould be the optimum cam installed position for better spool ? Any suggestions ?

Allan G.

Back