Stage II heads reduced price

maverick

Buick Stage II Aluminum heads price reduced due to other car needs $$
2.08 Dell west titanium intake, 1.65 exh Dell west titanium. Full port and polish, spring pressure set to run hydraulic roller cam with lift of .650
$2750.00

I bought a nicely ported set in BG for $250 with used titanium valves. I don't think you'll have much luck selling these heads at your asking price.

Dave

You sure....

I think your information is wrong Dave, I have asked several people what a good price is for these heads, and I have some very reputable people who gave me the insight, these heads have over $1200.00 worth of valves in them that I bought myself... If you really got a set of Buick Stage II heads with Titanium valves in them for $250.00, then I think you need to get them checked. Or have the numbers ran, maybe they are a stolen set that needed to get dumped... What you think Mac in SD, am I wrong here in what I said?!?!?

not to start a fire here, but you can usually get stage II heads for a pretty reasonable price, around 1,200 usually, most have titanianum valves too, but i could be wrong but i think they made them for a good while, and i believe you can still get the remaining ones new from a gm parts dealer, seen them on e-bay for 800 with titaniaum valves
grant

For $250 i am positive the heads would require a fair bit of work (not bolt on).
Pretty hard to get a nice set of big chamber stage 2 heads these days, is it not??

The pair of heads aren't perfect but they are ported very close to the set I'm using now.

They needed some minor welding repair......got that done for less than $50.

I bought a new set of Manley Titanium intake valves from Ron Kincaid $100.00

There are lots of deals if you're not in a hurry.

Maverick, I need your e-mail, I got a guy who needs s2 heads for his ta block. For the guys who think this is too much, my s2 aluminum heads with ferrea titanium valves are chapman ported, I'd say they are worth at least 5k. So I think 2750.00 is cheap for these heads. You can get s2 heads from your gm performance parts catalog, but they are going to run you a thousand apiece, bare, unassembled. Just my 2 cents, not trying to get anybody mad.:)

Stu,

Not to re-open a past discussion about the value of Stage II heads but I would tell you that anyhthing is only "worth" what someone else will pay for it. I have had more than a few sets of Stage II heads with titanium valves and all the goodies ported by the best places in the country. I'm sure once upon a time they were all $4500-5000 sets of heads. In the current marketplace there are probably 10 sets of Stage II heads for every decent block you can find. Needless to say based on supply and demand even the nicest Stage II heads you can find are not "worth" $5k although if you started from scratch you could probably spend that much on a set. Cost doesn't create value. This isn't directed at you merely my opinion.

Neal

thanx guys

Stu, neil, you are both right... I can tell you I have invested alot of my own $$ to obtain these heads which includes my cost to have them checked and set to be "true" surfaced. The my cost alone on the valves were $112./intake $98./ exh valve They are Dell West Titanium, I believe Dell west is a very reputal valve company, The port and polish work were done by Lawrence Connolly, and they are maxed out period. These heads are ready to bolt on to get you the most power and flow out of your application. Everyone knows what you put out in cost, you can never really get it back out. These heads are ready to bolt on, no BS. I was informed by probably 5 different stage II guys that know the market that these heads can go from $2500-$5000 depending on demand, and who wants them worst. That is for a set like what I have, never been repaired, no "shoddy" work. Now I am not trying to use this as a selling point, but rumor from Connolly's is that these heads were on tweaked I at one time. Do I know this for sure, no I don't. Needless to say, they are ready to go! Thanx guys have a good one. e-mail robert1971usa@netscape.net
cell phone (248)505-7708
Rob aka Mav.

Neal, no problem, you are a stand up guy.:) Maverick, I will give my guy your number, and hopefully, he'll call you soon. His name is glen calahan, and he is in new mexico. Thanks.

Mavrick,

Sorry to hear about the engine failure in the other thread. If I hear of anyone looking for a set of heads like your's I'll have them drop you a line. I just bought another set from Ron Tarabori myself so my garage is nearing max capacity again.

Stu,

Is your friend Glen Calahan an associate of Len Freeman at Performance Transmissions in Vegas? If so, Len is having me keep an eye out for a crankshaft for him. Finding a 3.625" stroke narrow journal crank might be tough.

Neal

Yes, same guy. I found him a crank about a month back, but I guess he chose not to go for it, maybe it was a wide journal, not sure. I think his car is going to haul some serious a$$ at las vegas, we've all got our fingers crossed.:D

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Finding a 3.625" stroke narrow journal crank might be tough.

I have a buddy that has a narrow journal 3.625 crank. Shoot me a PM or e-mail if your interested.

Cool,

I'll do that. Did you get the PM I sent you about the twin turbo headers? I still haven't found a pic yet but if you're still interested I'll keep looking.

Neal

No rush on the pix. Hit a common snag in the Stage II project ($$$) :( I'm still interested but in NO HURRY .

Trust me, I know where you're coming from. The headers are hanging in my garage and aren't getting any closer to being used. I will probably have them when you need them. Keep me posted.

Neal