You can type here any text you want

Stage2 block project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Noe

Need feedback on stage 2 project.Like pistons that i need for my build.Here are my block specs.Buick stage2 0153 casting 4.050,block height 9.50,LA Billet 3.590 wide journal,BMS stage2 aluminum heads intake 2.125 exhaust 1.625 46cc comp.chambers,intake titanium exhaust steel,dual valve springs with steel retainers,Jesel valve system,Carrillo 6.5 on center rods with Carr bolts,Comp.Cams roller lifters,Comp.Cams roller cam gross valve lift .577 ADV Dur;261 261 Dur @50 224 224 lob sep 115.0,BMS on center intake converted to DFI,90mm throttle body,T-76 turbonetics ball bearing,96 MSD injectors,Felpro 1026 gaskets.
What kind of HP can i expect with my setup?
Max RPM with my valve train?
Do i need to get titanium retainers or can i use the steel one because i will be using it mostly on the streets?
Need help on piston dish size for my combo because right now i am looking to get 9.171 static compression ratio with 35cc dish.
What is the deepest dish size with block height,rods,crank and 46cc cambers? :cool:

Just for reference, I also have a 153 block with a 9.50 deck height(milled .035) with a 3.590 crank and 6.5 rods. In fact, the rest of your setup is almost identical to mine, except I'm running hydraulic rollers. The used crank, rods and Diamond dished pistons I have were a balanced set, and in good shape so I wanted to use them. Only thing I ran into was that with the 9.50 deck height, the pistons would stick out of the bore by about .010 or so. I learned that it was typical for the ASA guys to set the motor up so that the pistons would "kiss" the head. I wanted about .045 clearance, so I had the pin bores offset bushed by .030, which got me .007 "in the hole," and with a .039 gasket thickness, about .046 deck clearance.

I think your dish depth is going to be governed by the length of the rod. That is, you've only got so much room between the underside of the piston crown and the pin end of the rod, and still have a thick enough crown for a turbo motor (I think the rule of thumb is still .25 inch.) My pistons had a compression height in the 1.20's, with the oil ring not impinging on the pin bore. I'm pretty sure you can set it up and still be in the 9.0:1 CR range, and you'll be very happy with it. I can run around 12-13 lbs. of boost on 91 octane unleaded on the street with little to no detonation. With a 274 Stage 2, trust me...that's plenty on the street. :) Good luck!

Back