You can type here any text you want

Stainless stock replacement gas tank without baffle, does it exist?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I'm going with a external pump and sump setup but want to maintain the stock appearing gas tank. Is there a stainless tank out there that won't rust and doesn't have the internal baffling?

I'm going with a external pump and sump setup but want to maintain the stock appearing gas tank. Is there a stainless tank out there that won't rust and doesn't have the internal baffling?

Is this for another E85 test run ??:biggrin:

I believe the one you can buy on E-bay is baffled for about $175. It's galvanized. You could clear it.

That ebay gas tank is regular steel...not stainless. I thought that price seemed low for a stainless unit. The search continues...anyone?

"A note on Gas Tank Shipping: Due to the nature and size, a gas tank may incur small dents and scratches from handling and load shifting during shipping. These damages do not affect the fit or function of the part. Neither our 60 Day satisfaction guarantee, nor the manufacturer’s warranty, cover these insignificant damages."

LOL...yeah OK I love my stuff all dented up and scratched!:rolleyes:

LOL, he is looking for a STAINLESS STEEL gas tank.

I tried finding one myself and the only people who were willing to do it was Ricks Hot Rod Shop. I had them make one for my 69 GTO ( blow through E85 in progress ) and with a baffled sump, stainless straps and stainless pump hangar it was $900.

Throw on a Magnafuel 500 and you are ready to make some major Corn Power. :biggrin:

LOL, he is looking for a STAINLESS STEEL gas tank.

I tried finding one myself and the only people who were willing to do it was Ricks Hot Rod Shop. I had them make one for my 69 GTO ( blow through E85 in progress ) and with a baffled sump, stainless straps and stainless pump hangar it was $900.

Throw on a Magnafuel 500 and you are ready to make some major Corn Power. :biggrin:

Wow that's a little more than what I wanted to spend for a gas tank...even stainless. E85 is very plentiful around here and I'd love to be able to run it, thus why I was looking for a stainless tank. Oh well...I'm sure someone will make one after my car is finished :D Good luck with that GTO, that sounds bad@ss.

I'm running E-85 here in my daily driver here in Central Texas i, did I say that it smells good and has lowered my coolant temps 4-5 degrees on average. Good stuff. Yeah a stainless tank would be a good thing, but I'm not scared :D

Fuel Tank

Don,
Put a fuel cell in the trunk for e-85. You can also buy a pick up that welds on the factory tank. I bought a new tank for my car but I know its not stainless.
I will call them and see if they no of one.:biggrin:

Back