Stalls when the dual intrepid fans come on...

Fast4Ward

The Optima has lasted 10 years now ...or has it[emoji848]
Havnt test driven the car yet but idling in park it stalls when fans come on.
Alternator is the 200 amp
Intrepid fans set up with Kirban plug n play harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh im just not stating it im looking for the answer why its doing that ...any help is appreciated thnx[emoji106]

Will be the massive load hitting the alternator dragging the engine down .normally the iac will open when the fans are commanded and keep it idling it probably just needs more iac steps added for fan on in the tune

Will be the massive load hitting the alternator dragging the engine down .normally the iac will open when the fans are commanded and keep it idling it probably just needs more iac steps added for fan on in the tune

Same happened to me!

You probably don't even need both on high speed at the same time.could run one of the ecu and the second off a temperature switch for when it gets to far above desired .Or build a time delay circuit so one starts moments after the other to stop the 60+ amp surge of both turning on

The intrepid fans are known for motors dying not if but when they will die. If they are old then they are on the way out and quick way to tell...be sure theres no chance they can come on and spin them with your finger and withthe motors are not smooth or have a slight squeak they are done.
With any fan a delay module should be added to second fan to help with inrush /LRA current when fans are starting. This module from caspers delays second fan 3- 5 seconds http://www.casperselectronics.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=498&search=delay

Spal or the jegs dual electric fans are a much much better setup than the intrepid/ramchargers fans.
Ive replaced several sets of the intrepid fans over the years all with bad motors...junk

Cheap, airflow, reliable Can only pick two

The Optima has lasted 10 years now ...or has it[emoji848]
Havnt test driven the car yet but idling in park it stalls when fans come on.
Alternator is the 200 amp
Intrepid fans set up with Kirban plug n play harness.

If you have to jump start the car and battery is stone dead you may have the answer. The battery should help smooth out the instant hit of large fans and give the iac and alt a nanosecond to react.

What the part number it’s not showing up for me when I click on the link

What the part number it’s not showing up for me when I click on the link

Here you go budz. Just ordered it.
f4c4953cb610d7bde0d90f9f227fd698.png