You can type here any text you want

Stand alone trans cooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This is the B&M cooler from Summit, comes with fan mounted and fan/on temp switch built into the unit. Turns fan on at about 178 degrees works great, and out of the way.

That's how mine was done before, but I moved it to the back of the car as my new I/C piping was in the way. I noticed no real difference in temps in comparison to the front location.

I ordered the 11"x8" super cooler from Jegs with a braided hose and black 6AN fittings to mount to the 400. I am going w/o the fan for now. Brackets will be fabricated to allow me to mount it off the lower front edge of the radiator support, perpendicular to the ground, with the lower edge of the cooler level with the lower edge of the intercooler plumbing. It will have plenty of open air in that location. I'll get some pics up when it's finished. Brian

If??? you need

a fan, I handle
High perf electric fans, reversible,
10in -$21.75
12in- $24.75
14in- $28.75
16in- $35.75
these are BRAND NEW, "Procomp" S blade fans.
with mounts
plus shipping.
Thanks

In some cases, you may get away with one cooler mounted out of the air stream. Those are rare cases.

Let me relay a story of a fella. Granted he had a heavier vehicle, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take note of his experience. It's a good lesson.

This customer came to me months after we had rebuilt his transmission and was complaining that something was wrong with the transmission. He felt it was getting hot. I drove it and yes, on a long uphill pull it would get hotter than I like to see. It also had a long temp recovery time. What I mean is, after it got hot, it would take a very long time for the temp to come back down. Even though you might be going downhill at that point. Of course, the first thing I looked at was his cooler setup. He had the stock radiator cooler, two auxilliaries parallel to the ground, behind the front bumper and one beside the trans under the drivers location. It was the one beside the trans that had a fan. It was circulating heated air trapped in the undercarriage. He felt he had plenty of cooling and that something definitely was wrong with the trans. My first clue was the long temp recovery time. I told him to clean up his mess and run ONE auxilliary behind the grill along with the in radiator cooler and toss the rest. He resisted my advise for months. He had us install a custom deep pan, because he felt that would help cool it. Even though I advised him that would do nothing for his problem. Still prodding him to change his cooler arrangement. Well, one day he drove in. Happy as a lark. His trans temps were acting normally and he had a box of donuts for us all. I'll let you all guess what he did to change his situation.

By the way, that was not the only time that has happened to me.

Back