starting my motor swap !

Here's what I was told by a TR sage: When using a double-roller with the stock-style nylon tensioner, the chain can chew up it up. The debris from the ground up tensioner can clog the oil pickup screen. You will then suffer loss of oil pressure, leading to catastrophic engine failure, which of course will happen at the worst possible moment. Then some guy named Murphy will sit in your driver's seat and refuse to move until you hand him several thousand $$. :eek:

Custom grind from comp cam. 242/242 560 lift 114 lobe Sep.
It thumps hard and has been 5.70's in the 8th in this motor. I mic'd all the lobes and they are spot on. How about $80 plus the ride ? I'm offering it to you first before putting it in the for sale section since you asked about it.

what size is that flat tappet? wanna sell it?

nice work how ever the hell with the motor I want the garage ha ha just getting mine built taking forever moving stairway adding stairway 2nd floor no second floor. again really nice job

Thanks. The garage was finished about 9 months before the house was finished. Priorities ! Lol. The lift was my Christmas present from the wife. God love her

Custom grind from comp cam. 242/242 560 lift 114 lobe Sep.
It thumps hard and has been 5.70's in the 8th in this motor. I mic'd all the lobes and they are spot on. How about $80 plus the ride ? I'm offering it to you first before putting it in the for sale section since you asked about it.

thanks for the info and response, but i think that cam is a litttle big for me.

nice wife, going on a weeks vacation PHX LA. Vegas nexted week All great junk yards my other half just wants to get out of town so she said I could go car parts hunting she would sit by the pool and work on her college homework!

She can't wait for the garage to be done so I can get my car done.
Of course Her sunroom/crafts room formerly my TV room had to been remodeled first

Are we not the lucky few

Lol, yes we are. Don't be fooled though. She got it for me so I could work on her mustang too :) that's her 66 in the picture. That was my aniv. present to her

I bought the breather from a local shop here. I used a piece of alum angle for the bracket. My valve cover fittings were just regular threaded fittings, and I used my bench grinding wheel to grind the threads down and made them into push ins . I can go by the shop and find out what brand the breather is and the price. I think it was like $60 bucks, but not positive.
where did you get that breather setup? brand? im doing a similar setup on my motor, the AN fittings are welded into the valve covers already. Thanks

Christmas time !

Attachments

• IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55