Starting to lose my mind with going from intermittant no-run to no start issue

Even though i visually had installed the sensor the same way onto the bracket as the old sensor was without removing the bracket, it wasn't where it needed to be slot wise. It was installed without any rubbing, just needed to be in the proper slot. At least i know now that there's more than one slot, so next time i run into changing the crank sensor it'll be put in the proper slot.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Even though i visually had installed the sensor the same way onto the bracket as the old sensor was without removing the bracket, it wasn't where it needed to be slot wise. It was installed without any rubbing, just needed to be in the proper slot. At least i know now that there's more than one slot, so next time i run into changing the crank sensor it'll be put in the proper slot.

I'll impart a little turbo Buick wisdom, now that you know exactly how it goes,the next time it does the exact same thing and you go straight to the sensor......…it will be something else you/we can't find.:ROFLMAO:
That's the beauty of these cars.

I meant as far as when i replace the sensor again, i'll know what to do. I know these are tempermental and finicky cars, but in the end the enjoyment that can be had out of them and the comfort with performance they exhibit makes owning them worth it. These cars have character that alot of the newer cars out there lack, they are proof you can have performance and be comfortable at the same time while not looking like every other car on the road.

I meant as far as when i replace the sensor again, i'll know what to do. I know these are tempermental and finicky cars, but in the end the enjoyment that can be had out of them and the comfort with performance they exhibit makes owning them worth it.

O hell yes, and congrats on your tenacity and great job keeping all informed. I was just stating that as soon as you are about to get to the light at the end of the tunnel...... Someone turns it off.
Kind of what appeals to me about these cars. Kind of a never a dull moment thing.
Again congrats on the find. Now enjoy.

Yeah life is never dull of a turbo regal or turbo trans am owner, that is for sure. Between the popularity of our cars, the random people asking is that a grand national, what is it, is it for sale, what do you want for it, getting told a story about some buddy of theirs that had one, explaining what she is, keeping her in good running condition, it's never been a dull moment.

She's running 110% like she should be, no issues of any kind. She's a happy turbo regal again.

Congratulations on finding it and sharing what the issue was. A lot of these threads just dead end with no resolution and I for one learn a lot from these threads- this lesson being re-check what you've already done.

Like has already been said, these are way cool cars that keep you on your toes, even if sometimes it seems to be the TR version of "where's Waldo"?

Glad your car is happy again and now you also have some spare parts for it!:)

She's running 110% like she should be, no issues of any kind. She's a happy turbo regal again.

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out! Now that she's running, you should take a cruise up to Las Cruces and meet Eric R. He is a great trans builder, and a good guy to know when you have issues with your TR....