Steering column help!

TType84

cookin with propane
i got my car back, and there are 2 glaring issues the body shop did not fix that im going to attempt.

1. no bright headlights.. the switch doesnt click when you pull it back..

2. the gears are off like so: indicator / actual gear
park = park
the space between park and where reverse should be = reverse
reverse = neutral
neutral = OD
OD = drive
drive = 2nd
etc..etc...

any ideas before i rip into the shifter assembly? Im guessing they just adjusted something wrong, but its 40 * with 40mph wind gusts right now.. id rather not spend too much time outside! :)

thanks guys!

I don't know about headlights. I can suggest that you check your nutural safety switch it might be out of adjustment on the gear selection.

I believe the high beam switch is actually mounted on the outside of the steering column under the dash. You do not have to take the column apart unless the rod from the switch to the lever is not connected at the lever. Ill bet they just didn't plug the wires back into the switch.

Chris is right about the selector. to correct this just adjust the gear selector arm that goes to the tranny. It's just a bolt that tightens down on an adjustmnet rod. You'll see it under the drivers side front floorpan.

On the high beam, steel rod hooks into the switch and when you pull the turnsignal arm the rod pull the switch. If it's all hooked up it may not be traveling enough. Pretty sure you can adjust it but can't remember exactly. If you let your column drop down you'll be able to see what we are talking about.