You can type here any text you want

STI Took Me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just switched over to this little bugger on my Evo... Picked up some powa, too! We just tested this turbo yesterday on my car for Bullseye Power. Nice turbo for sure. They will post up some results soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 238
There's no shame in losing... if you're going all out. If your car was in no shape to race, I would've just brushed him off by giving him the nod, or the thumbs up if it was me. Patch her up, and hunt him back down! :cool:

you win some you lose some. but i agree with the statement above. ptch it up and hunt him down. dont let no import get away let alone any stang or and vet. our cars are a force to rekoned with. granted yours is a lil under the weather. but had it not bein you would have owned him im sure... so yeah patch it up and hunt him down... or even better kill another ricer. they all know each other with there jap crap...

I guess I'll have to ask for my money back.....

Funny, I just today loaned my friend some dough to go buy a WRX, he says its pretty fast.

If I know him, and I do, it will be a terror when he is done with it.

We'll settle it at Speedworld come this fall and cooler weather.:D

Most of these little four door turbo cars are quick and makes a great DD...my little SRT4 is quick and gets great mpg I wish it was awd tho. It ran a best of 13.5 (stage 1 and BFMIC) and gets 31mpg...but it is still a Neon:rolleyes:..it's not any competition for my GN tho..even a Stage 3 with meth wouldn't get it out of the high/mid 11's.

With the exception of summer, I race at Speedworld nearly every weekend and I have NEVER seen an STI or EVO run faster than mid 12s. My cousin lives in Tucson and has an STI that runs high 11s, but it's broke down as often as it is running. I have over 300 passes in the last year and a half on my stock 99K mile engine with no issues. For all of the technology those cars offer, they don't seem to hold up as well as our 25 yr old cars when they are pushed to the limit.

Looks like a compressor wheel after some one left a rag in the inlet pipe.

Welllllll since we are on the topic....I drove a modded stock turbo evo today on 22psi or so that just had a new transfer case and clutch put in at the small fortune of 3200 bucks at my work (Ford dealer) and it ran good but was nothing I expected even being a mitsubishi guy as well....felt like my TR on a good day with some ethanol....really and truely they were similar setups and the evo may have felt a little quicker....point being is they are doing more with less....which is what the turbo buicks were always about....now that the tech has caught up its harder to keep up....then again im dissappointed in anything thats supposed to be quick anymore....my standards are too high for my wallet and thats why my DSM is still around.....power per dollar I cant find anything close to those little bastards....

But guess what....mine is broke and the buick is still going sooooo......:rolleyes:

NINJA EDIT: That batmowheel looks crazy!

With the exception of summer, I race at Speedworld nearly every weekend and I have NEVER seen an STI or EVO run faster than mid 12s. My cousin lives in Tucson and has an STI that runs high 11s, but it's broke down as often as it is running. I have over 300 passes in the last year and a half on my stock 99K mile engine with no issues. For all of the technology those cars offer, they don't seem to hold up as well as our 25 yr old cars when they are pushed to the limit.

I have to agree that alot of them (evo, sti) aren't that fast, or aren't as fast as the punk kid driving it thinks it is:biggrin:

But then there are the one's like mine that will really make you cry:wink:

Most STI EVO owners are pretty young. I bought my car when I was 17, im now 24 and starting to restore it. Let me tell you,GN's arent cheap by no means, and finding parts is hard to do. I had my encounter of WRX's and SRT4's but I dont recall ever looking at the license plate. Uncle Ben's taste pretty good!!

Back