You can type here any text you want

Still cant get it to run right

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I had chased a charging problem for a month b4 figureing out... driving normal was fine, on hard accel. would not charge, on decel would charge?, all cause of VOLT light bulb in dash, On hard accel bulb would come out stop charging voltage dropped shut inj. off, then on decel. bulb made connection an started charging. drove me crazy!! so I feel you on this. you can also try gnttype.org, there are wiring diag. and troubleshoots that may help, IDK

I just think i have an issue with the harness i've bought. the whole end of it had been chopped and re put togeather. and I had chased all of the wires to make sure they were in the right spot at the plug but i dont't know what else it could be. im thinking if I try to find anouther harness on the forums on here that is truely uncut. than I can make sure its okay. I have the Buick motor guide that kirban sells and I have referenced everything else off that and it looks just fine. but if all of my sensors are new and I have tested them, My grounds are good, the alternator is fine, and still i get a Tps code, the fuel doesnt spray untill i do and i do have 12v at the injectors and the pink and balck wire shows current through a current probe as well as 12v than i dont know where else to go. I need to have a flow chart of how the computer sees it needs to spray fuel, what series of events have to happen before that?

Try taking the chip off cleaning the connections on comp,and chip very carefully with a paperclip,put chip back and try that.It worked for me one time.Good Luck

I just think i have an issue with the harness i've bought. the whole end of it had been chopped and re put togeather. and I had chased all of the wires to make sure they were in the right spot at the plug but i dont't know what else it could be. im thinking if I try to find anouther harness on the forums on here that is truely uncut. than I can make sure its okay. I have the Buick motor guide that kirban sells and I have referenced everything else off that and it looks just fine. but if all of my sensors are new and I have tested them, My grounds are good, the alternator is fine, and still i get a Tps code, the fuel doesnt spray untill i do and i do have 12v at the injectors and the pink and balck wire shows current through a current probe as well as 12v than i dont know where else to go. I need to have a flow chart of how the computer sees it needs to spray fuel, what series of events have to happen before that?

It sounds like the TPS +5 V and ground is reversed at the sensor. At closed throttle the ECM should get a lower voltage, about 0.5 volts. Then as the throttle is opened the ECM gets a higher voltage. Then at WOT it is in the 4.2 to 4.5 volt range.

During cranking, with the TPS voltage high (WOT), the ECM will go into a clear flood mode. Odds are this is what is happening. Clear flood mode barely has the injectors firing, if at all.

Try disconnecting the TPS connector and crank the engine. If the injectors fire, then the signal from the TPS is inverted.

The TPS is a variable resistor. One end goes to ground, the other end goes to +5 volts, with the wiper going to the ECM. Can use an ohm meter to figure out which pin is which. Then the end pin that has the lowest resistance to the wiper gets ground.

RemoveBeforeFlight

It sounds like the TPS +5 V and ground is reversed at the sensor. At closed throttle the ECM should get a lower voltage, about 0.5 volts. Then as the throttle is opened the ECM gets a higher voltage. Then at WOT it is in the 4.2 to 4.5 volt range.

During cranking, with the TPS voltage high (WOT), the ECM will go into a clear flood mode. Odds are this is what is happening. Clear flood mode barely has the injectors firing, if at all.

Try disconnecting the TPS connector and crank the engine. If the injectors fire, then the signal from the TPS is inverted.

The TPS is a variable resistor. One end goes to ground, the other end goes to +5 volts, with the wiper going to the ECM. Can use an ohm meter to figure out which pin is which. Then the end pin that has the lowest resistance to the wiper gets ground.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thats some great thinking there :eek:, seriously. Chopped up harnesses are nothing but nightmares.

Backprobe the top wire on the tps and make sure you have 5v's

Back