You can type here any text you want

Stock Appearing Enough?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Do you think anyone at the races will think twice about my bone stock engine with just dress up items? I'm going to say its all just for looks :D Stock turbo, stock intercooler, etc...

2eovaea

Nice engine,most guys with their big block chevelles and camaroes don;t get it until you spank them with the bent six and a hair dryer:eek:

Kevin

My next mod is -10 feed and -8 return lines, I'm going to wrap those in wire loom so they can't see it and build a water cooled insulated box for my weldon 2015 with a top feed from my stock tank. After reading Richard Clark's flowbench test of the stock airbox, I might put that on too.

Do you think anyone at the races will think twice about my bone stock engine with just dress up items? I'm going to say its all just for looks :D Stock turbo, stock intercooler, etc...

2eovaea

Most people have never seen and don't know what a stock GN engine is supposed to look like so i wouldn't sweat about what they will think. ;)

At the track, guys will be a little more wise. They have seen more then most others if they have been going for a while. GN's dont suprise anyone at the track. Most guys just say to others, watch out for the black car, you dont know if it runs 13's or 9's. As for stock appearing, the turbo is a givaway without the inlet bell. The new units with inlet bells from PTE would really give you what you want. The downpipe is the other thing that sticks out. How fast is your car?

:biggrin:

I dunno.... a bunch of things stick out. The valve covers, breathers, billet vacuum block, the billet regulator and sender for fuel pressure, the turbo inlet, better clamps, cold air kit, throttle body heat bypass..... to me it screams sleeper. i suppose much would depend on if someone were TR savy or not.

I dunno.... a bunch of things stick out. The valve covers, breathers, billet vacuum block, the billet regulator and sender for fuel pressure, the turbo inlet, better clamps, cold air kit, throttle body heat bypass..... to me it screams sleeper. i suppose much would depend on if someone were TR savy or not.

Yes the covers for sure.. But to most non buick folks they cant tell a monte from a regal

if you think you are going to fool anyone at the track, you're sorely mistaken.

i took my blue 84 T Type to the track one time for a "fast and furious" street night, and even most of the idiots there knew what it was- especially the guys in Hondas and Neons. i had a few people come up and ask if it was stock or if i had done anything crazy to it to make it fast. a couple of people asked why i painted my GN blue. i never got any of the "is your Monte Carlo fast?" people...

Relocate that air filter to outside the engine compartment. You'll be glad you did. good for a few more lbs of boost.

Maybe it is more about stock location than stock appearing. I guess when I have this next to my stock GN with the hood up, at first glance they look very similar.

Relocate that air filter to outside the engine compartment. You'll be glad you did. good for a few more lbs of boost.

Good call- It's on my todo list along with going to an LS6 maf instead of the LT1.

Change over to a MaftPro and get rid of the maf sensor altogether.:cool:

I have the GenII, to go SD I have to go wide band, then power logger, then that would lead to XFI, then bigger headers, etc, etc... I gotta draw the line at the Weldon 2015 for now in upgrades. I'm going to have to put N/T on my window from now on too.

I have the GenII, to go SD I have to go wide band, then power logger, then that would lead to XFI, then bigger headers, etc, etc... I gotta draw the line at the Weldon 2015 for now in upgrades. I'm going to have to put N/T on my window from now on too.

The MaftPro is all you need to go SD and it's easy. ;)

I may use it as a boost controller and for afr tracking if i go wide band later but for now the MaftPro is where i have stopped and it's all thats needed.

Oh and no maf to worry about going bad, is a great feeling.

Yeah but having two Buicks means I always have a known backup, another LT1 3" for this car in the garage too, I was thinking of going to the LS6 MAF so both Buicks and the Zo6 have the same MAF.

SD is tempting, but XFI is probably what I'll need to push the limits of this motor - forged DLS stroker with all billet caps AND a girdle :eek:

Back