You can type here any text you want

stock catalytic convertor/help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

hello guys. I did a search but not having any luck. can anyone lead me to some pics of the factory cat mounted with the correct hardware. I want to see the type of nuts washers etc. so I can see if I have this hardware or ill have to try and get it. thanks. vinny

hello guys. I did a search but not having any luck. can anyone lead me to some pics of the factory cat mounted with the correct hardware. I want to see the type of nuts washers etc. so I can see if I have this hardware or ill have to try and get it. thanks. vinny

So you want some pics of my cat’s nuts?? <<Pardon the pun>>

My car does have the original cat on it. However, it was removed, gutted and put right back on. So, no guarantee it’s 100%, however, I can get you some pics just the same if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front is clamped to the downpipe and the rear is hung by that cat hanger (that's most likely cracked or fully broken on the rubber strap.

Here's a picture of mine....the old bracket was toast so I made a template of it then used it to cut a piece out of .125" thick aluminum. Then shown on my '87 GN...must have done something right...still hasn't broke....I used stainless steel nuts, bolts, washers. I'm cheap, I'd rather make it myself....(which explains why my second wife divorced me)

Bruce '87 Grand National
DSC_0215.JPG
DSC_0232.JPG
DSC_0230.JPG
DSC_0233.JPG
DSC_0234.JPG

Here's a couple of pics. of the hanger. These are ones I refurbished.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Well, I’m embarrassed to even show my chit after seeing Bruce’s car and m233rollers brackets? However, just know that I haven’t made it to the “cosmetics aspect” of the underside yet? And I’ve just recently changed the leaking arsed valve cover gaskets not long ago. Plus it looks every leaf under the sun came flying in the garage and ended up underneath my car! But, hey the images will at least confirm Bruce and m233’s anyways.

09fdac9c67e50055635a27887f74745f.jpg
b2506eef88c6e3a63fb565cf46eff7be.jpg
43d54fdfc2b26ebf0699ffd13c8d4fdb.jpg
53c1271e25af698830571f81013ca7c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. That’s what I needed. Now I have to dig and see if I have those 4 nuts that are on your cat seedling. I’m guessing those are the originals. Hope I have them in my stash. Vinny

I've been pretty lucky myself......I've had my correct nuts since the day I was born!:LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back