You can type here any text you want

stock downpipe vs 2.5 atr

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazygn

10's here i come
I just did a lot of mods to my car intercooler, ta-33 turbo is the stock downpipe going to kill my performence i have a 2.5 test pipe and duel flowmasters, or should i just make sure it runs in the morning and try to buy a atr 2.5 downpipe if it makes that much more power

85 gn
307 pump
adj reg
cone filter
flowmaster ex
LT1valve springs
sperco intercooler
ta-33 w/ ported elbow
40lb red stripes
87 ecm
JOE L 93-110 chips
welded ported headers on the way

MUST HAVE PART

the downpipe upgrade even helps a totally stock hot air,its one of the first things i did was the downpipe and the duel 2 1/2's it was much quicker on spoolup

before i ever touched my motor internally it was very high 14's and the above work dropped .3 and 3.5 mph gain .....later

Agreed the larger Downpipe is a MUST...the bends in the stocker are so restrictive its like making the exhaust leave the motor out of a straw.

With New Headers, and a 3" Downpipe (no longer made) It dropped me 1.00 in the 1/4 and gained about 5mph for me!

Is it ok to drive with the stock downpipe for now, with the bigger turbo,or should i just do the down pipe before i drive it .Iam going to buy one this week then. thank guys maybe i can get out of the 15s now.

yep not a problem to drive it just dont expect much out of it till you change it..

just think of it as your power/rev limiter..:)

Back