Stock GN vs Ford Lightning

BlackMetal

Haha it was funny today at lunch, had a buddy in the car after picking up some food, sitting at a red light waiting to turn left onto a main street. Hear a supercharger come whinin' up behind me, and took about half a second to realize that this Lightning was wanting to race. Got the left turn arrow, I cruise through the turn, meanwhile I hear this Lightning start roaring about half way through the turn. I expected this thing to come flying by, but for some reason it didn't. Like I said, I didn't even step on it until I was completely through the turn whereas he gunned it earlier, but I still held him off, never even saw the Lightning out my window, only in the mirrors. There was someone up ahead in my lane, and I wasn't gunna do anything stupid, so I just slowed down, and finally this thing went flying past.

I'm sure by all logic this thing should have stomped a stock GN, and I know regardless of the car in front of me or not, he would have pulled ahead eventually, but my friend and I got a kick of how long I held him off. I bet the guys in the Ford felt real proud of themselves pulling ahead as I had to slow down for another car ;) . I'm guessing it might have only been a 2000 Lightning with 360hp/400ftlb?? Anyways...not quite a "kill" since he'd win a proper race, but it was fun.