You can type here any text you want

Stock plenum split idea

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
Has anyone ever tried to split the upper plenum to even the flow distribution to the front cylinders? I have a crude rendering of what I was thinking. The red line would be a piece of sheet aluminum to split the top and bottom of the plenum to feed the cylinders more equally.

The issue that concerns me could possibly be the way the throttle plates open.

Thoughts?

Side view.
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-25%20at%208.03.07%20PM_zpsxb6ylvle.jpg

End View.
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-25%20at%208.09.26%20PM_zpsnvbsmtfx.jpg

I'm guessing that the split would need to start farther back. Probably the best way to get even flow would be to have the throttle body right on top of the plenum.

I'm guessing that the split would need to start farther back. Probably the best way to get even flow would be to have the throttle body right on top of the plenum.
A radiused plate in the upper rear may improve it but I don't think you will get what's needed for a more even distribution. You must give the air the room to turn.

OK, just a thought while I was staring at my motor. I had seen a plenum a guy was selling with the complete back filled in and radiused so I though maybe this would be an easier way to do it.

I often think about how air is distributed in our intakes and your design is one that I've wondered about as well.

Dividing the plenum in that manner would likely hurt distribution even more. The air needs more area to spread out and slow down. Pointing the air at the center of the intake manifold via radius turn while eliminating the sloping rear of the plenum and increasing the open area in the plenum area will help a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This issue was addressed and resolved a few years ago with the RJC Power Plate?

I know the power plate works. I just look at things and start thinking.:eek: I have a power plate already. I'm planning on running a 1" Champion spacer, and wasn't sure the power plate would still work. If it does, should it go above or below the spacer?

I know the power plate works. I just look at things and start thinking.:eek: I have a power plate already. I'm planning on running a 1" Champion spacer, and wasn't sure the power plate would still work. If it does, should it go above or below the spacer?

He's posted in the past that it goes below the spacer.

Be prepared for your vacuum block to tear hell out of your hood liner too.

Last edited:
Back