street manners for a pt72??????

Quickturbosix

High on PSI
What do you guys think about a 72 on the street? What injectors and stall do you think it will take?

Thanks guys...

I would say at least 72lb injectors, and a good Precision 3500 stall or equal converter. It shouldn't be too bad on the street....I sure someone will chime in and let you know about that since I only have a small TE-64;) I thought my turbo had decent spool-up until I drove a stock TR. Night and Day diff. But......

PT72 turbo

I would say 83lb injectors with a ME chip or SpeedPro would be your best bet with that size turbo and also a 3800 stall converter. I hope your building a S2 motor cause that turbo will make more than enough power to kill a 109 stock block:eek:

Felpro , 83's and a A/C 4000 would be the only way to go.. Everybodys definition of (""Street manners"") are going to be differant;) Its all up to you.. I dont see any problem with a 88 turbo for the street:D
Matt:cool:

it'll be fine on the street as long as the tank is full of 116 and the slicks are bolted on.........

I ran my t63e with a mod D5 and the lag awful. If you go with a good 9", 3500 or higher and race fuel to run the boost it will be OK.

I just put a LT-72-1 on my car. I have a 3200 Art Carr 9in in it. It spools very slowly! From a dead stop, don`t expect to go anywhere in a hurry. But, once you are rolling...IT FLIES!! My suggetion would be to go with a minimum 3500 stall.Probably MORE. Streetable is of course different to everyone. If I had my choice. I would go back to my old TE-45-A.

Just curious why a 72? I had a T63E with AC 9" 3200 and everything from 50's to 83's in it and for the life of me can't see why any car with a stock block would need more turbo than that:confused: Not saying I wouldn't rather my turbo have been a TE-45A but I never used the 63 to its fullest potential which is roughly 670 HP. It ran decent on the street for the most part until I put 83's in it then I had 1k RPM idle and I felt the car compromised some in the street manners. If it is a track only car I can somewhat see doing it but anything over a 44 on the street will kill normal tires when in the boost which isn't optimum. Even a 60 is rated at 600 HP so if you use it to its potential 10's like you want should be in its range. I guess my point is why put it on the edge of being a nice driving haul ass street car with a 72? I sold my old motor, 63 and injectors and decided to go fully streetable and tickle the 10's with a stock block because 10's on a regular basis gets $$$. My new combo I hope to do it with:

-LT-61 (should work better than the 63 with a 3200 stall and be dead on and turbo is rated to 620 HP which is way more than a stock block can handle safely on a daily basis)
-50's (the 55's were awesome but no modded ECM anymore and had to go with something that should do well in IM-240 emissions test even if I have to get an emissions chip. 50's should go 10's)
-Big valve ported and polished heads with more work than my old ones done (flow numbers should tell the tale)

Went for a ride in a GN the other day that had a 70, 55's and 3500 AC 9", roller cam, heads, yadda yadda and would have to say I like my old 63 combo better than his and especially down low!

I figured it would be overkill. Just wanted everyones opion. I thought about buying a used 72 because the price was pretty descent. On the other hand I dont want a tunning nightmare for a street car.

My Dad is using a 72 for a race car and it is making at least 650 hp to the wheels.

If you want to use that turbo get a BIG fuel pump, no less than 83 lb per hour injectors and some sort of ECM you can tune with like DFI or a FAST.

As far as torque converters go you can use a 9 inch with a 3000 stall speed and it will work beautifully. We just got done changing stall speeds from a 4000 stall to a 3200 and the difference was night and day.

Rule to live by with this turbo: DO NOT go over 12 psi on the street with that turbo or you will become very good friends with JE pistons;)

Remember this car I am talking about is nothing but a race car but if it is working on that you can be pretty certain it will work well on the street.

Ask my Dad, he drives it on the street all the time just for the fun of it.

Is you dads turbo a Ballbearing?? I just cant see a 3000 stall spool up a giant 72;) I had a tough enough time spooling a LT70 up with a 3500.. Good luck:D
Matt:cool: