You can type here any text you want

Stroker kits

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

It’s time!!!!! What’s the best stroker kit for a street/ strip car. I see that its 3 type of kits. You have the Long rod stroker kit, Stroker kit and the stock stroker kit. I understand the differences in the 3 are the rods and cranks. But what is the best for what I’m looking for. I plan on reusing most of the part that I have in my sig. I will be stepping up on the cam and Inj. So let me know what you think?

I think you mean that there are three different steel/billet crank sizes? 3.75, 3.625, and stock stroke 3.4. I would go with the 3.625 steel stroker kit from a supporting vendor. TA, Full Throttle, M Huffman, Lonnie Diers may have them too. Call and check for availability.

Ok, so here I go. I have been doing some research on stroker kits and I found 3 types:

The first one is: A Long Rod Stroker This kit comes with a 3.625 stroker crank, 6.350 h beam rods and JE Custom pistons.

The next is Stroker kit: This kit comes with a 3.625 stroker crank, scat 5.970 h beam rods, and JE pistons. This kit has the extra edge for mid range and top end due to the advantage of 5.970 rods verses the standard 5.960 rods most other kits use.

The Last is the Stock Stroker Kit: This kit comes with a 3.400 stock stroke crank, 5.970 h beam rods, and JE pistons.

So what I would like to know which of the following 3 Stroker kit will be the best for a good Street/Strip car that will stay together, drop into the low 10’s and I can jump in it drive it 300 mile round and be fine. I hope that I have cleared up any misunderstanding of what I’m looking for help with. Thank for you time in advance.

I think I would go with the piston that had the longer skirt and the longer compression height for street use. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the kits posted. Might come out cheaper by getting an of-the-shelf piston vs a custom. Also depends on your deck height.

Actually any of those choices will work fine for you. :)

On a high performance, high RPM build which is 800+ HP, we have found the 6.350" rod is about optimum. Any longer and the piston design is compromised with the pin too close to the top ring.

A 3.75" stroke will be a big issue when trying to fit that in a 109 block.

For a street build, a stroker build has no big advantage over a stock stroke in a 109 block as the advantage of it is at higher RPM levels not usually seen on the street except for certain "circumstances"! :biggrin:

I have personally used the different length rods as well as stock and 3.625" stroke cranks in my car over the years, and performance at my high 9's level has always been the same. :cool:

On a high performance, high RPM build which is 800+ HP, we have found the 6.350" rod is about optimum. Any longer and the piston design is compromised with the pin too close to the top ring.

For a street build, a stroker build has no big advantage over a stock stroke in a 109 block as the advantage of it is at higher RPM levels not usually seen on the street except for certain "circumstances"! :biggrin:

I have personally used the different length rods as well as stock and 3.625" stroke cranks in my car over the years, and performance at my high 9's level has always been the same. :cool:

Nick

I'm not look for 800+ Hp, but I would love to get near the 600 + range and have the motor live. I do understand that I will have to put a girdle on it to help keep it together. Seeing that you the home of the world fastest car. I'm I heading down the right road if I go with the kit that comes with a 3.625 stroker crank, scat 5.970 h beam rods, and JE pistons. Are you saying that if I put the Long rod kit in a 109 block is going to have issue? With the stuff I would be using off of my current motor, will that help with my cause of getting near 600hp or am I dreaming to big?:D

If your looking to get close to 600HP I would skip he Stroker motor and save the $$.

If your looking to get close to 600HP I would skip he Stroker motor and save the $$.

this.

For 600hp build you don't need a stroker kit. You need a good fuel system, ignition system, converter and trans.

From the OP's signature I don't see any mention of a built trans or TC. You have a 70mm turbo on a stock displacement motor...why? You'll never maximize that turbo unless you're above 25-26psi, and even then its barely getting into its sweet spot. With that turbo at that range you're going to be above 600fwhp easily. Hell, a 6262 has hit 600fwhp easily.

Skip the stroker. get a trans and TC. You have a huge turbo that is going to be a turd unless you get a tc to match it. Call Dusty and get a PTC 9.5" and never look back.

HI Nick,
Could you please elaborate on the 3.750 Stroke being installed in a 109 block. I find this difficult to understand as the internal dimensions of the 109 and stage block are the same. I was at DLS 3 weeks ago and I personally seen the 3.750" installed in a 109 block.

The stroker typically does not need the Higher RPM levels as they have a nice flat torque curve. Will make more HP at lower boost levels. I think its a much better choice for a street car.

HI Nick,
Could you please elaborate on the 3.750 Stroke being installed in a 109 block. I find this difficult to understand as the internal dimensions of the 109 and stage block are the same. I was at DLS 3 weeks ago and I personally seen the 3.750" installed in a 109 block.

The stroker typically does not need the Higher RPM levels as they have a nice flat torque curve. Will make more HP at lower boost levels. I think its a much better choice for a street car.

Wow. Thats a big stroker kit for a stock block.

What are the manners of an engine with that kind of stroke on a 109 block? (what kind of rpm redline, tq compared to a 3.65, etc)

Having a 258 on a 109 would be pretty sweet :D

Stroke = Torque Would be a great street combo IMO

That much I've learned, but I appreciate the explanation. I was talking more about what would a 109 block with a 3.75 stroke and .020 bore redline at/rpm range it works best at? What kind of turbo could a 258ci spool with ease? I guess a better question would be what do you consider "high rpm ranges"?

Thinking outloud: If you could use a forged 3.75 crank with forged stock size rods and pistons, you could get a 255ci with a 109 block and spool a large turbo quickly, or two small turbos real fast :D.

Is that a common engine combo->3.75 stroker with stock size rods/pistons?

Sorry for all the questions.

I have a 3200 9x11 and I have been looking into the tran. I have been told due to the fact that I have 3.73 gear in the car that I'm right where i need to be on the TC. So with what I have in my Sig I will be near 600 HP?

I have a 3200 9x11 and I have been looking into the tran. I have been told due to the fact that I have 3.73 gear in the car that I'm right where i need to be on the TC. So with what I have in my Sig I will be near 600 HP?

this.

For 600hp build you don't need a stroker kit. You need a good fuel system, ignition system, converter and trans.

From the OP's signature I don't see any mention of a built trans or TC. You have a 70mm turbo on a stock displacement motor...why? You'll never maximize that turbo unless you're above 25-26psi, and even then its barely getting into its sweet spot. With that turbo at that range you're going to be above 600fwhp easily. Hell, a 6262 has hit 600fwhp easily.

Skip the stroker. get a trans and TC. You have a huge turbo that is going to be a turd unless you get a tc to match it. Call Dusty and get a PTC 9.5" and never look back.

All depends on what boost level you're ok with running. If you run the turbo where its efficient (26-29psi+) you can hit 600hp. The 9x11 slips a lot, but locked you will gain some mph/hp.

What downpipe do you have? Do you only have a scanmaster for ECM monitoring? A wideband or powerlogger?

Back