You can type here any text you want

stroker stock motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v6ing

who or where is the best place to have a stock engine stroked out and how long does it normal take months,years etc,

Right now my engine is at RPE getting 'stroked'. I've had people tell me that they have got their engine back in as little as 3 months from RPE. Other people have told me it took a year. Mine has been there 4 months. I believe it is close to done. Hope that helps.........

welcome to the forum.

how fast do you want it done? there are several vendors who can get it done pretty damn quick for you.

Go with a competent shop that has a good reputation for building Buick engines. I'm very pleased with the engine that Weber built for me. Build time was around 4 months, I know of atleast 2 other members that were having motors built by them at the same time.

build

i know that webber had a stroker that was already complete and ready to go for right around five grand ( short block) you might want too check with them and see if its still available...

stock stroker

thanks gn family for the info i just wonder was a year along time to wait for a stock stroker

do u know any vendors off hand near the michigan area that can stroke a stocker in and get back to me in less than a year

DLS Engines

One of the best Buick engine builders in the business.
Located in Indiana near the Michigan border.
I have heard it from many board members!
I am sure they will chime in.

DLS Engine Development
Dan Strezo
886 E 900 N
Wheatfield, IN 46392-8229
(219) 956-3653

Call Bobby at RPE, he is really easy to deal with. He will let you know what his build time is right now. I would say you would be into the 6-8 month area but he can tell you for sure.

Bryan

Why would it take 3-4 or 8 months to build a motor? Are these people waiting on parts the whole time? How do the shops even make money doing it?

Money talks........ The good ones are backlogged and it is racing season so game on....:D

Find a good builder slip him an extra 5-BF's (best friends )=$500.00 and your engine will be done QUICK. In fact you could be racing again in 2 weeks or so. Otherwise your in line like the rest. Just depends on how fast you want it. The good shops will be working on engines for top racers and they come in check books open. :o

I just had a 462 pontiac done and they said 2-3 months. I needed the car back fast, I had 2 BF's in my pocket I rolled them up tight and put them in the mans hand and said get it done as soon as you can and call me. . 4 days it was done... 4 days....

Back