You can type here any text you want

Strongest/Best Suspension Setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Hi Guys. O.K., I need some serious assistance here regarding recommendations for the best suspension setup for a Grand National. In terms of livable drivability on the street but the ability to fully plant the power to the ground, what is the all out best suspension setup to go with (i.e. tried and proven)?

So, what Springs, Shocks, Struts, Swaybar, Recommend Air Bags, or Ladder Bar Setup, Coil Overs, Snubber, LCAs, UCAs, etc, etc, etc? Additionally, any recommendations on vendors as I'm looking to just place a one shot one kill order for all the recommended suspension parts needed.

What's the best combo guys if I'm expecting to pull 1.3 to 1.4 60s and keeping the front end down all the way down the 1320?

Thanks

flip

I'd say HRparts pro handling package.... That will maintian the stock looking appearance too. Far as the front I would use tublar uppers and lowers with a bear brake set up with the spindles they use.... This is my set up on my TFS car and it handles better than any TR I got and goes straight as an arrow down the track, STUCK to the track:biggrin:

Personally I don't like the coil over setups on these cars if you do much racing, just IMO!!!

I would say U already have what U need.

U have an impressive signature that has what I believe what it takes to get the job done. Its like anything else with our cars though, U will have to make a pass then adjust, make another pass and adjust some more till U get things just right. For super quick short times, the trans brake will be ur best friend. How fast is that car projected to go?

Hi Guys. O.K., I need some serious assistance here regarding recommendations for the best suspension setup for a Grand National. In terms of livable drivability on the street but the ability to fully plant the power to the ground, what is the all out best suspension setup to go with (i.e. tried and proven)?

So, what Springs, Shocks, Struts, Swaybar, Recommend Air Bags, or Ladder Bar Setup, Coil Overs, Snubber, LCAs, UCAs, etc, etc, etc? Additionally, any recommendations on vendors as I'm looking to just place a one shot one kill order for all the recommended suspension parts needed.

What's the best combo guys if I'm expecting to pull 1.3 to 1.4 60s and keeping the front end down all the way down the 1320?

Thanks

flip

I have a buddy who consistently pulls 1.45 60' times with a completely stock rear suspension. He has only added dual air bags inside the springs. That is with the foot brake.

I'd say HRparts pro handling package.... That will maintian the stock looking appearance too. Far as the front I would use tublar uppers and lowers with a bear brake set up with the spindles they use.... This is my set up on my TFS car and it handles better than any TR I got and goes straight as an arrow down the track, STUCK to the track:biggrin:

Personally I don't like the coil over setups on these cars if you do much racing, just IMO!!!

Forgot to add, QA-1's all the way around! I went with some high dollar springs and are probably swithing the fronts out for camaro springs:eek:

I'm going with TRZ on the reccomendation of a yellowbullet member that is running a N/A SB Malibu in the 9's with mid 1.3's 60's. He did suggest that I get Mike to put in the 1st gen Camaro ball joint so that I can run Strange Ultra light break package.
I also ordered a coil over spring adjuster for the back from Wolf Perf. that I plan to weld to my diff housing so that I can adjust my ride height. He runs 90/10 Lakewood shocks up front and QA1's in the rear.

U have an impressive signature that has what I believe what it takes to get the job done. Its like anything else with our cars though, U will have to make a pass then adjust, make another pass and adjust some more till U get things just right. For super quick short times, the trans brake will be ur best friend. How fast is that car projected to go?

Hi Brer Rabbit (kool Nic). Hey, that was my Stage I when I had it. I no longer have that car anymore and forgot to remove my old signature. The car in question basically has a bone stock suspension with no modifications.

Thanks

flip

I have a buddy who consistently pulls 1.45 60' times with a completely stock rear suspension. He has only added dual air bags inside the springs. That is with the foot brake.

Danggggggg.:eek: That's definitely planting the power. I know air bags is probably one of the most common suspension stabilizers to add. How many horses is your friend pushing because that will definitely make a difference in launching. Extreme horsepower (Greater than 700 to wheels) coupled with a trans brake will, I'm sure, make the car want to rise on consistent hard launches.

flip

Forgot to add, QA-1's all the way around! I went with some high dollar springs and are probably swithing the fronts out for camaro springs:eek:
Sounds similar to the set up that I have, Hrparts boxed lowers, adjustable uppers, Hr bar, QA1 adjustable all the way around, stock moog replacements springs, Baer brakes with stock front arms, large hotchkis front sway bar, all new rock hard bushings, no air in the bags. The only thing I can compare is the bar, had a ATR bar before and it is not even close to the HR bar. I do not think that I would change anything except maybe go to the double adjustable shocks, but can not say enough good things about any of my changes. The shocks go from super soft to rock hard in just maybe a dozen clicks. In the soft setting they act like a 90/10 but with one exception, the front end gradually comes down during the pass so I think they work better than a drag shock. My best 60 ft so far at my weak home track is a 1.51 with a stock long block but I think at Norwalk it should be in the 1.4's and guessing the car to weigh around 3800 lbs.

Thanks

flip

You had all that high speed stuff in your old stage car, but now you dont know what it takes for your new one?? I don't get it. If you already knew what was in your signature, why don't you just use those parts again?

1.4 sixties off the foot brake, with just air bags?? I'm not doubting you, but are you sure?
Did this car weigh around 3300 with driver, have the rear brake shoe and wheel cylinder mods, with spicer joints, ROCK hard air bags and 11.5" wide M/T drag slicks?

You had all that high speed stuff in your old stage car, but now you dont know what it takes for your new one?? I don't get it. If you already knew what was in your signature, why don't you just use those parts again?

1.4 sixties off the foot brake, with just air bags?? I'm not doubting you, but are you sure?
Did this car weigh around 3300 with driver, have the rear brake shoe and wheel cylinder mods, with spicer joints, ROCK hard air bags and 11.5" wide M/T drag slicks?

What's up Turbo6Smackdown? Well, I see what I need to do first (delete my old signature) as I no longer have that car anymore. Anyway, that car was purchased with that setup and I never ran the car myself at the track. Really didn't run it hard enough on the street to actually test the suspension system when I did have the car. So, the jury was actually still out.:biggrin:

Furthermore, my line of questioning "was then (days ago)" actually a result of possibly buying a completely bone stock suspension GN and basically starting from scratch with the suspension. And that's knowledge without me putting the foot to my previous Staged car to validate the suspension parts it had. If I would have, then I probably wouldn't be asking you guys for recommendations.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :tongue:

Well, doesn't matter anyway anymore because I just bought a Stage 2 that's already, Ready To Go.

Thanks Anyway

flip

Wolfe bar, lakewood 90/10's and 50/50, hotchkis lowers, bennet upper adjustables, TA cover with axle brace kit. Consistant 1.37 sixty foot on 28"x10.5" MT slick. Suspension drives like a stock Buick on the street.

Back