You can type here any text you want

Suggestions on brakes front and rear.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8urV8

Hey guys what are you guys running in the front and back looking to get aftermaket but damn there expensive,needless to say how much I have already invested in my car.The setup should be in mid 10's-11's.Does Napa have drill/slotted rotor at reasonable price and what brake pads to go with them.If anything might do the aerospace in the rears but anyone using them or familiar with them?The car is 90% complete and getting rewired now.Shooting for the Noble race very close.I haven't had the time to research so your help will be greatful.

Thanks,
Eric

I have Napa Drilled & Slotted rotors on the GN with their Ceramix (CMX) pads. Price depends on what you think is "reasonable". Rotors are 100 each if I remember correctly, pads 50-60. Inspect your rotors for small hair-line cracks before buying. Just my experience. Has worked fine for years on my GN.

I have Napa Drilled & Slotted rotors on the GN with their Ceramix (CMX) pads. Price depends on what you think is "reasonable". Rotors are 100 each if I remember correctly, pads 50-60. Inspect your rotors for small hair-line cracks before buying. Just my experience. Has worked fine for years on my GN.

Hey Neil do you have any part numbers or what brand? Price is fine;I just didn't think that I was gonna go this far with the car.Are they direct bolt on and can long wheel bolts be put on the rotors?Are they bad from manufactory for cracks out of box,or what?

Best bang for the buck would be the S10 set up. Go to the boneyard an get the whole spindle and all off for about $50. Change the pads and get a new set of regular rotors and your set! Try to stay away from drilled and slotted rotors unless they are quality parts. As far rears go, F-Body rear conversion is the way to go. Get those for $50 at the boneyard too! Swap to HydroBoost and you'll have more brakes than you will ever need.

I found that the cheapest place to buy most all brake and suspension parts for gbodys is in the cirlce track racing catalogs. Speedway is one of the best. Lots of "street stock" parts on there and everyone is running the metric chassis in this class.

Brian

Best bang for the buck would be the S10 set up. Go to the boneyard an get the whole spindle and all off for about $50. Change the pads and get a new set of regular rotors and your set! Try to stay away from drilled and slotted rotors unless they are quality parts. As far rears go, F-Body rear conversion is the way to go. Get those for $50 at the boneyard too! Swap to HydroBoost and you'll have more brakes than you will ever need.

You are correct on the drilling of a rotor. If you want slotted yes but stay away from the drilled ones. Hydroboost for sure and the discs off of the camaro for the back work with a little fabing. Good sugguestions for sure.

I found that the cheapest place to buy most all brake and suspension parts for gbodys is in the cirlce track racing catalogs. Speedway is one of the best. Lots of "street stock" parts on there and everyone is running the metric chassis in this class.

Brian

You can find just about everything you need as far as suspension and braking parts and they're at a great price. Try smileysracing.com as well as some of the other dirt shops.

I put good replacement rotors, ceramic pads and stainless steal braided brake lines and works great.

Back