You can type here any text you want

surefire engines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

are surefir engines good

• surefire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • engine

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Depends on the warranty I would use one for my daily driver not so sure I would get a LC2.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Expect it not to have an oil drain hole tapped, have three dot rods, non-rolled fillet journals, and cast/hyper pistons. In other words, mostly non-turbo parts.

Expect it not to have an oil drain hole tapped, have three dot rods, non-rolled fillet journals, and cast/hyper pistons. In other words, mostly non-turbo parts.
the guy at autozone said was build to spec and said would have drain back in block

Check advance auto parts also I sold a lot of REM. Engines there the warranty is pretty good to. Check online website site from the price they can usually take anywhere from 10% to 20% off at the store if u know someone that works there it helps or ask they want the sell.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had one like that it had all the good stuff but the pistons were wrong. Non turbo

the guy at autozone said was build to spec and said would have drain back in block

Trust me, they lied to you. AZ has changed reman companies about every 2 years because of warranty claims. They won't build it to spec and you won't get the proper parts in it. Get an engine from a reputable member and you'll be fine. We've got several members that can help you. In case you're wondering, I used to work for AZ as and assistant manager and you really don't want a Buick from them.;)

Trust me, they lied to you. AZ has changed reman companies about every 2 years because of warranty claims. They won't build it to spec and you won't get the proper parts in it. Get an engine from a reputable member and you'll be fine. We've got several members that can help you. In case you're wondering, I used to work for AZ as and assistant manager and you really don't want a Buick from them.;)
were would you recommend getting a engine

I could only imagine the guys building it. "Look.its like a chebby 350 w 2 less cyls! Not hard to build.. hahhaha

I am sorry did not read the heading correct I thought it said sunfire engine for some reason. But would not recommend a reman. engine for a Buick. Again sorry.

were would you recommend getting a engine

There are several people on the board that can build you anything from mild to wild but the big question would be $ of course. Webber racing. Arizona GN, David Huesik, Chris Hogland and several more. Stoart doing some searches on engine building and you'll find the one you want to do the work, but you're not going to pay $1600 for a good engine, no matter what someone tells you.;)

You wont get turbo pistons, they will be cast. I took an engine in on trad that was a brand new reman just too see what it was and guess what, no turbo crank, no forged pistons. It did have the drainback, it did have 2 dot rods, crank was only 10/10 but was NOT a turbo crank. It was 40 over bore. Motor was tore down, sent to JR Motorports without even firing it up and built right. Dont buy cheap and expect gold cause all your going to get is a green stain on your finger. I guess that better than a poop stain but either way, I'd rather come out clean!:D

And, valve geometery was all over the place......and I mean like .010-1.10 lash. Totally slapped together garbage.

And, valve geometery was all over the place......and I mean like .010-1.10 lash. Totally slapped together garbage.

LOL That sounds like the one I picked up when I got the 82. .060 over, cast pistons, NA crank, and the pistons were .120 in the hole.:eek: Heads were also mismatched.:rolleyes:

Back