You can type here any text you want

Surprising find last night.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF SECRETS
Staff member
Welp, I was all excited to install my Kirban front frame braces last night on the T and learned something very surprising. The drivers side bar fits perfectly, no issues.
The passengers side bar will not clear the PTE stock location intercooler, it actually hits the intercooler itself. Short of having a custom brace bent I don't see any way of making it fit. I even tried swapping the braces thinking I might have put the wrong one on the drivers side but still no dice. I can't be the only one out there who's run into this brick wall am I? I left the drivers side on as I figured one brace is better than none and will install the under hood braces and body bushings later tonight.
Anyone else have this happen to them?
Sigh..... :(

Patrick

Mine hit, I put the bar in a press and put a slight bend in it to fit. Didn't take a lot and the holes still lined up. HTH

Usually a little bend in the brace works but sometimes a new lower mounting hole is needed also. Just position the brace so it clears then mark & drill a new hole for the self tapping bolt.

Thanks guys, I'll see what it takes once I get to my buddy Daves house.
He's got this bitchin set of tools.....
:D

Back