You can type here any text you want

suspension advice needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocody

GOT BOOST!
i am having a hard time getting my car to hook at the track, i have had some 1.55's and such but last outing a had a best of 1.59-1.60 launching easy and when i try to launch harder it went 1.63's. i know it's spinning because the car lights them up then go's. i have verified on directscan and camcorder video. here are my mods:

hoosier 28-9 slicks (fresh)
HR lower arms
HR double adjustable upper arms
HR anti-roll bar
stock replacement springs
dual airbags
lowered rear control arms
comp enginnering 3-way adjustable shocks 90/10 front...70/30 rear

pinion angle at -4
air bags at 3psi
slicks at 12-13psi

launches at 10-20psi

any adviced appreciated

turbosmart dual stage boost controller on order.

Traction

I wish I could help you out but if you noticed my post I am in the same boat as you. It sounds like our cars run almost identically. I had a chassis guy tell me I need a good anti-roll bar but since you have the hr bar I dont think thats going to help me. I run ET streets (not radials) which are supposed to be just like a slick (wrinkle wall and m5 compound) I am thinking maybe a softer compound slick would help but I run gta wheels & there is no option I can find for that. I know there are guys out there that don't spin, maybe one will chime in.

Good luck

John Plog

well, i have good news, i raised my slicks to 14psi and both airbags to 8psi and there is no more bouncing, launched easy last night and pulled a 1.51 with boths wheels about 8in off the ground and carried them about 20 ft or so! so i am getting there. johnplogii...let me know if i can help ya, cause i know how it feels to not hook up your car at the track.

Traction

Turbocody,

How do you launch? Transbrake or footbrake? I have found that at 10psi off the transbrake mine feels like a turd & gets 1.70's. It seems like either I spin off the line or go about ten feet then spin. It sounds like the only difference between our cars is the swaybars & I only run one airbag. I also run 90/10's up front but they are pretty old and I am thinking they need replaced. Do you happen to know the weight of your car and the front/rear ratio? Mine is 2000 front 1460 rear with me & 3/4 tank of fuel. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

John Plog

10-15psi boost off transbrake, i don't know the ratio of weight but mine weighs about 3500 without me. try going up in your tire pressure.

Back